It's Official # 2 animals are invading my room!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowbunny00774

ONE love, blood, life
Over the last couple of years I have spent over $2k trying to squirrel proof my house. They can no longer get in, but it's not stopping them from trying. The one below was busted trying to get in through the screen in my bedroom window last week, and a few nights later I heard his cohort, also shown below, picking at the screen trying to get in as well! The raccoon was back tonight and trying so hard I had to close my window in case he gets through...he just sits and listens when I talk to him - no fear at all (only the flash on the camera seems to scare him). Why is he so cute...I don't want to have to call the wildlife guys again...they are costing me sooo much money!

squcrop1.jpg

raccrop3.jpg

Carek1230 said:
Brave little critters, aren't they? You aren't feeding them, are you? Or someone nearby? That would keep them coming back.

I'm absolutely not feeding them :no:Neither are the neighbours. I live downtown and I swear I have more wildlife in or around my house than my parents in the burbs. I had a groundhog in my yard last summer. All the houses around here keep garbage to a minimum and put it in big containers with heavy lids (the squirrels can get into any type of garbage can, even lockable lid types). This thing with trying to get in my window is new though, and they don't try it anywhere else. I usually sleep with my window open but on Friday I woke up at 4 am with Rocky (the squirrel of course) making a huge racket and he actually bent the screen a little. I'm so pathetic when it comes to cute animals though, I'm at war with the squirrels (vermin as far as I'm concerned), but the raccoon breaks my heart - it's raining outside and I feel bad for him - I'm such a sap!

Last edited:
my friend has a pet raccoon it's adorable...

and is it just me or does that tree in the squirrell picture look like it's flashing the I love you sign :huh:

Cute pics but do everything to keep them out of your house.

I know someone who had a racoon trapped in her house (got in through bathroom window while she was out) and the racoon did over $20K damage to the house which her insurance company did not cover.

fah said:
Cute pics but do everything to keep them out of your house.

I know someone who had a racoon trapped in her house (got in through bathroom window while she was out) and the racoon did over $20K damage to the house which her insurance company did not cover.

That's terrible!

tiny dancer said:
How would you like a woodpecker, pecking on your house at the break of dawn? :scream:

We used to have that problem. Had a lot of trees in our yard & our area was classified as a Bird Santuary - so we couldn't really do anything about it.

Problem was that carpenter bees got in the holes that the woodpecker made on the house & made really BIG holes & then the rainwater got in, which rotted the wood. We had to have the house re-sided and painted because of stupid woodpeckers.

If I ever hear that sound a woodpecker makes, I shudder!! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom