It's official #1994 Can i ask you a favor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Nothing earth-shattering or demanding, you'll see...the thing is i'm starting 2 language classes (1 for English and 1 for German), i'll be starting a computer class (Word and Excel and internet) and i'll attend a workshop how to present myself to employers - all part of the job search.

Anyway...could you wish me luck as the English class starts tonight? A native speaker is teaching us so on one hand it will be exciting to learn from a native English but also i'm nervous how it will go...

good luck mojomaja! you seriously have english mastered (except for the more scandalous words). you will do great.

:wave:

i always forget you're not a native english speaker.

but super good luck in the class!

_____
:wave: thems be flashy boobies

Good luck Maja!! You'll be just fine! Your English seems quite good already.

_______
:wave: Those are cherries, not boobs!

Shannon i think i know enough scandalous words don't you? LOL

Update: it was GREAT!

Very fun (lots of jokes), a bit tired because it's 4 hours through, but Alistair is a great tutor (British, but he has lived here for 5 years now) - a few of us went for a drink with him during the break in a near cafe and we chatted! For the first time i spoke more than just a "hi" with a native English speaker! At first i was a bit nervous but everything went smoothly! I was afraid he might talk too fast or something but i understood and caught 100% of what he said! And it really felt a lot more comfortable than i thought it would.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes...ahem April i don't think so

:lmao: and Katherine i would never ask for money here.

Thanks also for all the compliments on my English: but the credit should go to my teachers in primary and high school who taught me what i know now, which contributed a lot more than whatever talent i may have.

:wave:

Last edited:
Did you talk about mojo?

Yay. I always knew your english was very good.

____
:| I know I'm just giving flower shit

LOL yeah like i have the guts to talk about that in public Sicy

Well, we'll see what i know (and what i don't know) about English in about 11 weeks time - that's when the exam comes up.

OK, here are the evening's most memorable moments:

"Questions are our friends!" What Alistair (actually the spelling is Alisdaire, but i'm guessing it's pretty much the same name) said every time one of us students would go "I have a question".

:lol:

Or, one of the students was named "our official mathematician" by him and had to count some stuff LOL.

Also, one of the more notable things happened when i was explaining a bit about myself and i mentioned which part of Ljubljana i was from he said he had a friend which lived very close, and he also has been to this club that's less than 5 minutes away from my house.
I mentioned i knew the club too, which was not a good idea since it came back as a boomerang since Alistair teased later (twice) me about my drinking over at the club ("Awful!", he said) :lmao: But it was all in good fun.

Um, so ... great: here i have mojo mocking, and there i got drink mocking. :laugh:

For those who are interested in eye color of the people, he has blue eyes.

Oh and April i remembered: when i watched Austin Powers (the mojo one) it was a German version so it was synchronized and mojo was still mojo in German!

:laugh: :yes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom