it's official #1571

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Screaming Flower

ONE love, blood, life
i got a job offer right on the spot after my interview this morning. i turned it down. :slant: the company was incredible but i think i would have hated the job. it was in the legal department and would have made me crazy. the woman totally stressed me out too, which was annoying. she said she wanted me to start on monday and that i basically had an hour or so to decide. she seemed to think it was weird that i didn't make some sort of snap judgment right there. whatever. i think something might be wrong with me. i've basically turned down two offers now. and then i also find out today that the one i kind of wanted - i didn't get. they said that they thought i would get bored and then leave soon and then they'd have to start all over. i suppose this is a compliment. :|

when i got home i had a voice mail from a contact i talked to about a month ago. he said if i were still interested, he might be able to create a marketing position within the company that would be much more appropriate for me. it was really flattering. he said that they are attempting to build up the part of the business that i have experience in, so he would look into creating this if i would interview, otherwise he would put the whole position creation on hold. :ohmy: :| i'm going to talk to him next week. so at least there's hope for me yet.

i wish i could get my act together and make a decision. :angry: why can i not find something i really would enjoy? :angry: and why am i still looking within the financial industry when i don't really even like it? :angry:

i need help. :crazy:

Last edited:
April is going to beat you sensless.

But I suppose you shouldnt take a job you're going to hate ... unless it came down to you being desperate. That's cool that someone would create a position just for you .

I think you should go for it.

And then come to the Vegas gathering in March. :angry: Because I wont go if you dont go.

the first job I had:
I had really bad feelings about the interview, but they wanted me so I excepted the offer
that was a year spent NOT wisely

congrats on following on your own instincts

i know. i feel badly even talking about it because i know lots of people are looking for jobs right now. it's just stressing me out so much that i needed to get it off of my chest. i've cried like four times today. i don't know what the hell is wrong with me. i think i'm having a quarter-life crisis. i hate crying. i'm a mess. i just don't know what i want to do with my life. i literally have NO clue at all. it's really messing with my head. :scream: :(

and i have no idea what vegas thing you're talking about. :angry:

thanks salami. i actually felt lots better after i turned it down so i feel like i must have made the right choice. :)

I'm having a hard time finding a job...I don't have enough experience for anything. I'm probably gonna end up with a crap job for a few years. :sigh:

I tell ya...I couldn't even be hired as a shit scooper because I don't have enough shit scooping experience.

This sucks. :crack: :mad:

you DID make the right decision. being stuck in a job that you will hate is not worth the emotional stress. your instincts will thank you for rejecting the offer in the long run.

:hug:

and don't worry about being stuck in a quarter life crisis right now, because i am suffering from one too.

*side note, i would to thank John Mayer for writing Why Georgia, because that is how i feel right now about my life* :|

Dont cry :( :hug:

Yknow I felt like that when I lost my stupid grocery job that I had for 8 years and had to go work in an office. I had no idea what I was doing and I felt like a complete idiot and had no idea what I wanted to do with my life.

I dont exactly have a "career" but I'm satisfied with my job.

Vegas :mad:

Sweetie, don't cry....it's going to be ok. :hug:

In the last eleven months, I have turned down a job or two. Now, it was earlier on, back during the spring when I still felt I had plenty of time, but looking back they were the right decisions. One job would have been talking to a bunch of yellers all day long, and even though I needed the work, I did not want to come home pissed off and crappy every night.

Just know you're doing all you can do, and hey, that job that guy is talking about creating sounds pretty cool. :up:

It Looks Like My Degree Is Going To Be Worth Crap

You need experience for everything! I'm tellin' ya!!!!

I can't even be a janitor cuz I have no buffing experience. :crack:

Okay...that depresses me...but it sounds kinda funny too. Heh...I'm laughing...see that? I'm laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

*falls off chair*

:wave:

Gawd Bonochick, you are one of the funniest people here!

Just had to say that :D and you will too get a job, and a decent one so please dont be down. ok? thanks. :)

Screamer you're having a bad day, that is all sweetie. What on earth is so wrong with how you are handling things so far? You dont want to work in a legal department, no biggie! Infact, its a good thing like everyone else said. You may not know what exactly you want to do, but you are eliminating all the things you know you DONT want to do. No one wants to spend any longer than they have to looking for work cos its so soul destroying so you are saving yourself a lot of hard times and heartache for the future.
When I rejoin the workforce after this time off, I sure as hell will not be as stupid as I have been in the past. It will get depressing, I know that, and it will not be easy as not only do I have to do what you need, and that is find something I will enjoy doing, but it is most likely going to involve starting over. An arduous task I am beside myself with joy at the prospect of. Not.

Tomorrow is a new day Screamer, 'scuse the cliche. Get a good night's sleep tonight and put this negativity from today away. You dont need to hang on to it as it will get better.

I can relate Screamin..I spent 3-4 months after college trying to find work with no work experience at all so it was a demanding task to get over that fact when it was used as the final slant between candidates. I did finally get a job within agriculture because I was simply far too impatient to look around on a broader area..and it was probably not a field I was ever going to be suitable within. Lasted a week before I called it a day..that week seriously dragged on for a month. I look at the job I found 2-3 months later where I work now which has a far better atmosphere, and more suitable field..and I'm thankful I went on instinct because I far more happier than I know I would have been had I stuck it out at that place. If you know there is a touchable possibility that there is somewhere out there for you where you will be more comfortable, and a place you see yourself staying without tearing your hair out or throwing innocent breakable entities..then always head for it and never look back

thank you guys. you are all so wonderful and give great advice. i :heart: this place.

i really do feel better today. i know i made the right decision. i just need to take my time and find something i have passion for and that i love. it might take longer, but will surely be worth it in the long run.

and yarof you're right. i'm very glad i still have my balls. :|

:heart:

Bonochick said:

I'm having a hard time finding a job...I don't have enough
I tell ya...I couldn't even be hired as a shit scooper because I don't have enough shit scooping experience.

This sucks. :crack: :mad:

I can hire you to be my s*** scooper in 18 months if that helps.....

bonosloveslave said:

I can hire you to be my s*** scooper in 18 months if that helps.....

Who knows...I might need it, at this rate. :mad:

Do I get any benefits????

Dude.....there are lots of jobs I can't do.....they say I can't drive a garbage truck either. :shifty:

I'll show THEM!!!!!!!!

Sorry SF, didn't mean to ignore you - don't feel bad about turning the job down - you explored an opportunity and you saw that it wasn't a good one. There is nothing worse than having to get out of bed each day absolutely DREADING going off to your job. The right one is out there, it's just a matter of finding it (and it's not like you're not looking). Hang in there :hug:

________
BC - hmmm, benefits? You'd get to work with lots of cute kitties and puppies, and, uh, yeah that's about it prolly

Back
Top Bottom