Its Official #1388

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
I think I've lost interest in interference. :(

It may pass.. when my problems get better.. when my brother gets better.. but its like, I read the forum.. and none of the threads interest me. None of them seem important. And everyone else's rants and problems just seem petty to me compared to what I'm going through. I know that's a shitty thing to say and I'm sorry but this is just how I feel.

I still love you guys though. :slant: :hug:

____
:grumpy: I feel like kicking someone's ass

Don't feel bad or apologize Sicy...

You've got a lot on your plate right now, and even though you may not have wanted them too - your priorities have changed now and you gotta do what you gotta do!!

I'm sure you're interest will return at some time, but then again, maybe they wont. I know I myself (with my whopping post count) go through phases of posting/ not posting.

Use this time to sort youself out and take care of yourself and your brother!

:hug:

sicy, i know how you feel, this summer when my friend lost her baby, i was just like "you all SUCK! don't you know what's really important!?"

time girl, time.

:heart: i wish you all the best sicy, take care of yourself.

I think we all go through that from time to time Sicy, and in fact it may have to do with all the stress you've gone through lately.

I myself haven't even been going to chat very often when I used to spend hours there. A while back I lost interest in the forum too, but now I'm posting again. :shrug:

:hug:

Take the time you need, Sicy. If you do stop coming to Interference.......just don't forget about the Interferencers. :hug: :)

* slaps bc

Of course I wouldnt forget about you guys. I still lurk.. I just am not that excited about it right now. I miss the days when my life was perfect. :|

____
:wave: why thanks daisy dont mind if I do

I'm with you girl.. nothing has been interesting lately. ah.. this too shall pass.

It's not the same without you. :hug:

much love, chica. :heart:

the same thing has happened with me

I have become more of a lurker lately
I don't know why

We understand

I haven't been around much lately either. Too busy at work. It makes me crabby because I get all stressed and I feel so under pressure. No time for lunch and working late everyday can take a toll. The only time off has been to take my Mom to doctor's appointments. I start feeling sorry for myself because I see other people chatting and goofing off and all I do is work my ass off all day. Then I start feeling guilty because I know there are so many people without work right now. I should be happy I have a "good" job instead af feeling crabby about it. :slant:

Take care everyone. :hug:

i only come here nowadays for sheer habitual purposes. and the addiction is also something that forces me to type www.interference.com way to often.

this place is so boring.

its our fault ofcourse.

maybe things will get better.

best of luck, again, to you christine with everything.

For someone who's been coming here a long time, I know all this stuff.
I hope Im not being too forward in my thoughts here.

OF COURSE a message board is not important, OF COURSE people's silly rants here are insignificant. We all unfortunately have horrible, horrible things that happen to us and when our lives are faced with such pain and heaviness, everything else does seem insignificant.
Your world is crashing down around you, yet other people are complaining and talkking about this silliest things and it makes you feel angry. Its only natural that you would feel that way.
Ive gone beyond talking about message boards here and am talking about life in general. I've felt it many times. It makes you think "what on earth are these people doing? Dont they know whats happening in my life? Don't they care? Are they that unthinking?
I understand what you are feeling, Sicy, believe me I do. DON'T apologise for it.
When my Dad passed away I got angry at people in the street who were laughing, or people I knew who were talking about what they were going to cook for dinner the next night. I hated my boss from then on because she rang me 3 days after wanting to know when I was going to be back at work because I had reporting to be done.
Your brother survived and he is a lucky lucky boy. But this will affect you for a while, so don't apologise.
But also remember that for a lot of people, writing on a message board is a way to get out their ranting and crap that perhaps they can't do elsewhere, as their lives may be going through crap too.
Deal with it how you must and my advice...stay away from here until the little insignificant things in this world can be laughed at again. For now they will only upset you.
Take care
Amanda

I can sympathize because I have been spending less time here lately too. I still lurk but I havent been posting nearly as much as I used to. Part of it was because I was away from home but also it just doesnt interest me as much as it used to. I dont think I could ever go cold turkey from interference. I think it goes in cycles and you can take a break now and then later on you might feel more like posting again. Whatever happens, the friends you made here will be there when you need someone to talk to.

*hugs sicy*

Sicy said:
I know that's a shitty thing to say and I'm sorry but this is just how I feel.

NO it's not and there's nothing to apologize about.

I can't relate to what you're going through or what Amanda has gone through but it's totally understandable that the forum is less significant in light of such major events.

I can say that i also have on/off times with this forum though. Right now i am seriously thinking about lurking only or just "ban" myself from here as i spend way too much here plus i have some stuff coming up in real life that i have to take care of.

i wish i could say something to make you feel better sicy. i feel like i don't have much to offer, but do know that i am thinking about you and your family. don't ever feel bad for feeling the way you do. it is certainly understandable and i would do feel the same way.

feel free to slap april or cha cha bc's face if it makes you feel better. :mac:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

:yes: What everyone else said.

:hug: :heart: You need to take care of yourself and your brother first, Sicy, and you shouldn't feel bad about that.

I dont need a shrink.. I can just come here

See.. this is why I could never stay away. You guys are so awesome and you understand and it just means a lot.

What manda and everyone else said makes alot sense. Its like.. especially during the first week.. when he was sedated the whole time and going through surgeries and no one had been able to talk to him yet.. I felt bad about everything I did, normal everyday things .. eating, walking, smiling, laughing.. it felt wrong to laugh. (though I wasnt laughing much about anything). And now I sit here and actually appreciate life and the little things. The fact that I can get out of bed and walk, I can move my arms and legs, I can eat a meal and feel good. I can go outside and breathe in a nice breath of fresh air. These are things my brother hasnt been able to do for weeks and its tearing me up. I hate to see him suffering.

Thank you guys.. you are the best :hug:

even when you're life is pretty much ok Interf will still have its good and its bad moments
lately it has just been pretty blah
I agree it's normal that most of this would seem pretty lane to you at this moment
come to think of it, it would probably seem pretty lame to a lot of people

Everyone pretty much said what I was going to. Amanda got it right on. It doesn't help that interference has been lacking in the entertaining factor lately either.

Come back when you are ready. :hug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom