It's Official #1380

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am tired of this crap - being laid off SUCKS! My finances are completely screwed up. I have bounced two check that I should not have - and right now I am about to throw this damn library computer through a window because I can't access my bank to see what is wrong.

The job market is horrible. I have been lucky to have interviews - and I do everything I am supposed to do - send thank yous, follow-up, etc. - but these employers never get back to you - leaving me to wonder if I would really want to work for a company that treats candidate so lousy.

I have an interview for a job. they got 300 reusmes. I have never felt so much pressure to nail an interview in my life. I hate this.

I hate working 60+ hours a week to try to keep afloat financially. I have no life - except for a corner of an airport in the middle of America. It is a nice sheltering feeling - but I would like to get out.

More later....I feel like life is living me - not me living life. feel like I am drowning.

Check this out...

Last Friday, I got "Who Sings It?" question right on a local radio station and won pizza and breadsticks. They told me I could pick it up this week (Monday through friday, 9-5). So I drive all the way out there today to pick it up, get it home, open the envelope...and it says that the certificate expires on September 15th, 2002! That was Sunday!!!!!!! It expired before I was even allowed to pick it up!

I don't even care about the pizza, but I was just pissed off because that is royally stupid, and I wasted my time driving out there. I don't have a lot of cash on me, and I was planning on using it to get pizza for my little sister from Big Brothers Big Sisters tomorrow. :yell:

OKay....

so business has been slow at job #1 (delivery service) and we're all put on 4 day work weeks. Cool, cause I get Friday off. But as of today I gotta work Friday's again and business isn't any better then it was before. I said, "why do I have to work friday's?" "you just do!"....and they're trying to save money? Damn! give it to the guys who really need that extra day! I dont need it! I have 2 fucking jobs and I make more than anyone else!!! I like having the day off during the week!:mad: :grumpy:

Job #2..dance instructor..getting burned out! So, I decided to schedule my own day off each week. But the manager brings me in and says that's not going to work cause he thinks I'll miss a student or 2. So, he decides to make Friday my night off because I only teach two students that day. But I like Friday's because it a beginners night party plus a salsa party that goes on in the back room. it's an easy night. Going have to make some changes! :rant: Well, regardless....going to quit this one no later than March!!! :madspit: :angry:

Last edited:
I can't find anyone to sublet my apartment to. If I don't find anyone by October 1st then I have to pay $595 for next months rent which I totally don't have and I won't be living there anyway!! I hate being poor. It sucks.:mad:

good god zoney
that sux bigtime

i love how salomey is not the ranting type. always lookin on the bright side he is.
moi on the other hand...

i am so stresssed with my job right now that i think ive got some grey hairs sprouting because of it. its making me dislike society and a good deal of the population who raise their kids to be brats and that cant be good right? i feel totally unappreciated at work as ive always got people on my back whining about the smallest things when i work my butt off for those people.

im sick of living at home and feeling so secluded in this shitsuburbiaville. i need to get out and be in the city, in the real world, but sydney prices are ridiculous!

i have no money to do anything this weekend and all i want to do is go out and dance.

the little old lady who lives opposite my friends apt block sweeps every single leaf off her front pathway every single day, about 4 times a day. she stresses about leaves. thats the hardest part of her day.

The only thing in the world I can possibly rant about is the fact that I've been ready for my date now for almost an hour and the potential has not yet called (meaning he is still at stupid football game), but I'm sure he'll call. Nevertheless, in the meantime, my hair is going flat.

Otherwise, life is good and I send good vibes to you all.

zonelistener said:
feel like I am drowning.

lifesaver.gif

_____
:wave: did you get my message?

I hate when I make special trips to the place where someone works just to catch a glimpse of them and they're already off work :rant: :rant: :rant:

:rant:
Why the fuck I don't have a job or career?
It fuckin beats me.
Working shitty temp jobs from day to day.
Life sucks.... I'm fuckin depresssssssssssssssssed everyfuckinday!
Depressed at home. Depressed at work.
My life is so fucking meaningless. I'm so pathetic.
aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH
:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Last edited:
ow my fucking hands

theSoulfulMofo said:

My life is so fucking meaningless. I'm so pathetic.

1. your life is not meaningless. no life being lived is ever meaningless.

2. you are so not pathetic. don't tell yourself that, just don't. think of all the good things you have in your life that no one else has.

3. i really didn't want to post cos crew puts serious blisters on my hands and now they've cracked open and are bleeding cos i can't stand to see people so sad.

:hug: to all of you who are hurting out there, i hope you all find a million dollars, fall in love with the man/woman of your dreams and lead a good, healthy life.

:heart:

OH man...i've been meaning to post a rant in Confessionals, but i guess this will do too:

:rant:

1. I am sick of when everoyone who know about it and seems to have 5 minutes of time asks : "So how's the job search going?"

As if it wasn't awkward and embarassing enough i'm still looking. It's going, i DON'T know when i'll find it and GEE, don't you think i'll tell you on my own when i do?

2. At interviews for a job, i am sick of interviewer asking "so what happened at college?"

Um, yeah - i really WON'T feel embarassed and humiliated and 2 feet small when i have to explain over and over again.

3. I think of my primary school college and high school friends and whenever i catch up with them or we have reunions the vast majority have like serious jobs, live on their own, have bf's and gf's - and then it feels like
"is my life passing me by? am i really gonna end up a freak and a weirdo?"

4. I hated the awkwardness when i was filling out this form at a job interview and there was a question "how soon do you plan having children?" and there were several answers.

I mean...how the heck should i know?!? I don't even know when and if i'll find someone special, let alone the C word or the M word for that matter. I have no clue, so don't bug me with it. It could be years, though there are times when i would have opted for "never".

:reject:

5. I am getting tired of walking on the streets, seeing happy couples and feeling a little twich in my heart every time and think:
"Will i ever find something like that myself?"

6. I really think i will have to change my apperance and somewhat my personality if i want to get anywhere, because being myself just doesn't seem to cut it. It sucks not being a party girl and not a pretty face.

The part "and in my mind, all the time, i know that's not enough" from ES really resonated with me: how do i know my best is keeping up with people's expectations? Particularly my own?

7. You know what's the worst part about it though? That i'm the kind of person that makes plans and resolutions...and than very rarely (if ever) actually does something about it.

Last edited:
I hate that I had to quit my job. I hate being unemployed again, and not knowing whether I will have another job soon. I hate knowing that I have to postpone my plans of moving out. I hate my ex-boss because he owes me money!! :censored: :mad: :tsk: :banghead:

:wave: nellie
Remember me? ;)
:hug:

:angry: that boss better compensate :angry:
You need someone to break some legs? :sexywink:

yes i remember the soulful mofo:wave: :hug: was nice meeting you today! yeah i think im gonna hire me some thugs!;)

Wow I feel so bad for you all. Very sucky times you are all going through. Life is so unbalanced at times.
Just on a side note, U2girlie, isn't it illegal in your country as well as here to ask those kind of questions re: children etc? It can be used as a basis for discrimination. That kind of thing pisses me off so much. I am extremely thankful no one has ever asked me that in any of the kazillion interviews I have had in my life as I would not hold back in telling them it isn't any of their business and if they really want to be an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) they will take me on as I am if I fit the bill. Which of course would mean straight away they wouldn't hire me.
God that pisses me off.
The whole hiring process employers go through to pick their staff is something that pisses me off.
I would bet it is something ridiculously stupid and somewhat irrelevant that stops a lot of you guys from getting jobs in all these interviews. One of my friends has worked her way up in this government job in the Beureau of Stats here in Oz and she tells me some of the things each candidate MUST have. They can fit the bill perfectly, be perfectly qualified, have a dream employment record, etc etc but one thing that is set out as an absolute requirement, and may not be printed in the job spec in the ad is missing, and nup. No job.

Pisses me off.

Good people suffer.

Companies miss good people as a result.

Its screwed guys.

Screwed.

:yell:

RANTRANTRANT

I hate having to get up at the butt crack of dawn to go to work....even on my days off I wake up at 4 or 5 am.....

I can't stay up past 9 pm on a good day.

I hate not having a bf
I hate that there is noone around me who understands me
I hate that I can't seem to lose any weight
I hate that my bills are piling up
I hate that my hair never wants to cooperate with me
I hate that my threads sink like the titanic
I hate that there are not enough hours in the day

theSoulfulMofo said:
Children
and
Marriage

Correct.

Amanda, you didn't think i was talking about mojo again did you?!?

:lmao:

Angela: yes i think that question is a bit pushing it and verrry fishy. I opted for the longest amount of time named - though i considered also not writing anything at all because there really is no way of telling IMO.

caution: sarcasm ahead

daisybean said:
I hate not having a bf
I hate that there is noone around me who understands me
I hate that I can't seem to lose any weight
I hate that my bills are piling up
I hate that my hair never wants to cooperate with me
I hate that my threads sink like the titanic
I hate that there are not enough hours in the day

so get one, but make sure he lives a thousand miles away.
move to south dakota.
join a sport that only makes your already large muscles HUGE.
i got paid $8 this week.
that blows.
make threads about sex.
stop sleeping, that frees up eons of time.

For everyone who's down, here's a little song you should sing to yourself...it doesn't solve my problems, but it puts a smile on my face:)

Don't worry about a thing
cause every little thing is gonna be alright
don't worry about a thing
every little thing is gonna be alright

Rise up this morning
smiled with the rising sun
three little birds
pitch by my door step
singing sweet songs
of melodies pure and true
saying, this is my message to you:

cause every little thing is gonna be alright
every little thing is gonna be alright...

3 Little Birds
Bob Marley

:sad:

i hurt someone i didn't intend to hurt and i don't want him to be hurt and i want him to know that things will work out in the end no matter how that is i'm always here for him as a friend. i care about him deeply and should have told him that earlier. but i didn't. i hope he knows i care about him still.

Back
Top Bottom