It's Official #1380 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > It's Official... > It's Official Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2002, 04:52 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:55 PM
It's Official #1380

It's has been a long time since we have had a rant thread.....

Go for it!

Old 09-20-2002, 04:57 PM   #2
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:55 PM

I hate hospitals.

I hate motorcycles too.

Old 09-20-2002, 05:00 PM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

I am tired of this crap - being laid off SUCKS! My finances are completely screwed up. I have bounced two check that I should not have - and right now I am about to throw this damn library computer through a window because I can't access my bank to see what is wrong.

The job market is horrible. I have been lucky to have interviews - and I do everything I am supposed to do - send thank yous, follow-up, etc. - but these employers never get back to you - leaving me to wonder if I would really want to work for a company that treats candidate so lousy.

I have an interview for a job. they got 300 reusmes. I have never felt so much pressure to nail an interview in my life. I hate this.

I hate working 60+ hours a week to try to keep afloat financially. I have no life - except for a corner of an airport in the middle of America. It is a nice sheltering feeling - but I would like to get out.

More later....I feel like life is living me - not me living life. feel like I am drowning.
Old 09-20-2002, 05:08 PM   #4
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:55 PM

Check this out...

Last Friday, I got "Who Sings It?" question right on a local radio station and won pizza and breadsticks. They told me I could pick it up this week (Monday through friday, 9-5). So I drive all the way out there today to pick it up, get it home, open the envelope...and it says that the certificate expires on September 15th, 2002! That was Sunday!!!!!!! It expired before I was even allowed to pick it up!

I don't even care about the pizza, but I was just pissed off because that is royally stupid, and I wasted my time driving out there. I don't have a lot of cash on me, and I was planning on using it to get pizza for my little sister from Big Brothers Big Sisters tomorrow.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 09-20-2002, 05:31 PM   #5
Refugee

Local Time: 04:55 PM

OKay....

so business has been slow at job #1 (delivery service) and we're all put on 4 day work weeks. Cool, cause I get Friday off. But as of today I gotta work Friday's again and business isn't any better then it was before. I said, "why do I have to work friday's?" "you just do!"....and they're trying to save money? Damn! give it to the guys who really need that extra day! I dont need it! I have 2 fucking jobs and I make more than anyone else!!! I like having the day off during the week!

Job #2..dance instructor..getting burned out! So, I decided to schedule my own day off each week. But the manager brings me in and says that's not going to work cause he thinks I'll miss a student or 2. So, he decides to make Friday my night off because I only teach two students that day. But I like Friday's because it a beginners night party plus a salsa party that goes on in the back room. it's an easy night. Going have to make some changes! Well, regardless....going to quit this one no later than March!!!
Old 09-20-2002, 06:53 PM   #6
you are what you is

Local Time: 12:55 AM
ummm,
I have a bit of a cold
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 09-20-2002, 08:35 PM   #7
War Child

I can't find anyone to sublet my apartment to. If I don't find anyone by October 1st then I have to pay $595 for next months rent which I totally don't have and I won't be living there anyway!! I hate being poor. It sucks.
Old 09-20-2002, 09:16 PM   #8
War Child

Local Time: 09:55 AM

good god zoney
that sux bigtime

i love how salomey is not the ranting type. always lookin on the bright side he is.
moi on the other hand...

i am so stresssed with my job right now that i think ive got some grey hairs sprouting because of it. its making me dislike society and a good deal of the population who raise their kids to be brats and that cant be good right? i feel totally unappreciated at work as ive always got people on my back whining about the smallest things when i work my butt off for those people.

im sick of living at home and feeling so secluded in this shitsuburbiaville. i need to get out and be in the city, in the real world, but sydney prices are ridiculous!

i have no money to do anything this weekend and all i want to do is go out and dance.

the little old lady who lives opposite my friends apt block sweeps every single leaf off her front pathway every single day, about 4 times a day. she stresses about leaves. thats the hardest part of her day.
Old 09-20-2002, 09:56 PM   #9
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:55 PM
The only thing in the world I can possibly rant about is the fact that I've been ready for my date now for almost an hour and the potential has not yet called (meaning he is still at stupid football game), but I'm sure he'll call. Nevertheless, in the meantime, my hair is going flat.

Otherwise, life is good and I send good vibes to you all.

Join Amnesty.
Old 09-20-2002, 10:07 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener
feel like I am drowning.

_____
did you get my message?
Old 09-20-2002, 11:53 PM   #11
Refugee

I hate when I make special trips to the place where someone works just to catch a glimpse of them and they're already off work
Old 09-21-2002, 12:51 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:55 PM

Why the fuck I don't have a job or career?
It fuckin beats me.
Working shitty temp jobs from day to day.
Life sucks.... I'm fuckin depresssssssssssssssssed everyfuckinday!
Depressed at home. Depressed at work.
My life is so fucking meaningless. I'm so pathetic.
aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH
Old 09-21-2002, 01:22 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:55 PM
crys ow my fucking hands

Quote:
Originally posted by theSoulfulMofo

My life is so fucking meaningless. I'm so pathetic.

1. your life is not meaningless. no life being lived is ever meaningless.

2. you are so not pathetic. don't tell yourself that, just don't. think of all the good things you have in your life that no one else has.

3. i really didn't want to post cos crew puts serious blisters on my hands and now they've cracked open and are bleeding cos i can't stand to see people so sad.

to all of you who are hurting out there, i hope you all find a million dollars, fall in love with the man/woman of your dreams and lead a good, healthy life.

Old 09-21-2002, 01:29 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

Good rant - and - I told you so

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilly

3. i really didn't want to post cos crew puts serious blisters on my hands and now they've cracked open and are bleeding cos i can't stand to see people so sad.

Old 09-21-2002, 02:49 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: maze of your imagination, where the streets have no name, lol
Local Time: 09:55 AM
I hate being sick

I hate preparing for a dumb formal

I hate people being rude

I hate not getting enough sleep