Its Official #1126

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Calluna said:

On a side note, I like basstrap's new elliot smith sig. Bass, can i brag now and tell you that I met elliot once?
:drool: :drool:
you can
with the understanding I will break your legs

LOL, oh dear, I need my legs!

Well see, it went like this: I was in Southern California last November to see U2 at the Staples Center and visit some of my old school friends. My friend Keri's boyfriend, Sean was hired to be one of the sound engineers for Elliot's new album. He and his partner had just moved all their wordly possessions in a U-Haul van from Boston to California in order to take this job. They had to move all of the stuff out of the van that day or they would be charged for an extra day and their house wasnt available yet so they called Elliot and he said that they could temporarily store their gear in his studio. So they had to drive to Hollywood and unload this stuff and they told me that if I went with and helped them, they would introduce me to Elliot Smith. Of course I said yes. Alot of people are not familiar with elliot and his music yet but he is a legend in Portland and Seattle where I am from so I jumped at the chance. I kept it very low-key when we were introduced. I didnt want to fawn all over him and be like, "Oh Elliot! I'm such a big fan! OMG!!" So I just said hello and my name and shook his hand. My impression was that he is a very shy, kind person. He even helped move furniture and stuff with us and he didnt have to do that. He was wearing a black shirt that said *magic* in white letters, a rainbow colored rasta style hat, and red converse shoes. The little studio that he is renovating is very cute and looks to have been built in the forties. By now it probably has all the modern equipment installed. I am looking forward to hearing the new album, not sure when it is set to be released.

Anyway, thats my story. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

*breaks legs*

God, thats awesome!!

I actually...umm...had a dream I met Elliott before and I played guitar for him!! :huh:

Oh to dream!

Option B worked - WTF?

Randomn thread doesn't allow me to post in IO today - too much time spent in random thread - then trying to learn about Penguins and Deathbears Poll for deletion - I voted for whoever Sicy told me to vote for - I think it was same lame-butt who owes his flesh to the place and should have his appendeges boiled.

BOIL EM' and sticjk em in the REJECT box and thrown em' into the East River.

WTF?

Sicy said:
The random thread is destroying It's Official.

Maybe it is just a hiatus. It just took me exactly three minutes toi get through 24 hours of IO - that is wrong.

*pulls out toolbelt and starts smacking people with the bronze spatula.

Dammit poeple IO will close if we don't post in here. Oh, wait...nevermind.

Hello

Hello, hello....is anybody here?
peedy.gif

I hate meetings

Don't these people look like they are having fun!
CROWD1.JPG

Could we have a meeting like that?

Maybe the three of us can post in here by ourselves.

Hey - I think I see Z-Edge and Screaming Flower in the front row. They are the first two on the left. Oh, and there is LMPA, and Meggy, and Basstrap, and Lemon Pie, oh, I see EVERYONE.

Time to meet.

Re: Maybe the three of us can post in here by ourselves.

We can call it MNIO. You know we ARE the majority here. An army if you will.....We should come up with a gang name or something.

Back
Top Bottom