it's official #1046

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Screaming Flower

ONE love, blood, life
i just started my william blake seminar tonight and it was so wonderful and fabulous and interesting!! i had no idea how much i missed literature classes until i sat down in this seminar this evening. the teacher rocks. she is so interesting. she just got back from russia where she was teaching and she was telling us how she read the brothers karamazov in the house where dostoevsky lived and all sorts of other cool stories. i know i sound like a giant nerd and i'm rambling but i'm just so :laugh: and :D . i missed being surrounded by intellectuals and poets and just incredibly interesting and artistic people. *sigh* it just reminds me of how much i want to go to grad school and how much i am not enjoying finance. sorry to sound like a freak. i just wanted to share.

:drool: :yes: :happy: :D :love:

Yay for words.

I forgot you'd said that you were doing that. I :heart: William Blake.

I want to go to grad school too. Not enjoying politics. :( Hopefully, next year....if I win the lottery! Somebody's gotta win, right? :D

You sound like me when I talk about dancing. :D :yes: :laugh:

Isnt it great to do something you love!?

That class sounds awesome ...

I miss school too. I want to get my masters but I am not sure what I want to study (Masters in Communications vs MBA).

Don't listen to him.(I know you won't anyway)

On a side note, what actually do they teach you in literature classes?? I'm quite interested in literature but I've never had one...

Re: Don't listen to him.(I know you won't anyway)

christiana said:
On a side note, what actually do they teach you in literature classes?? I'm quite interested in literature but I've never had one...

this seminar is only six weeks so it's pretty general. we are focusing on blake's poetry (songs of innocence, songs of experience, marriage of heaven and hell) in comparison/contrast to his drawings. his poetry was rarely just text but rather a full piece of art and there were usually many different artistic versions of the same poem. the university of virginia has a great blake archive online and shows a lot of examples.

Blake Archive

in college i majored in english so the classes were more in depth. sometimes they were poetry workshops where you would be given an assignment based usually on a poet which you had just read in class and then you would read it for the class and everyone would critique it (it's kind of scary at first but very helpful). other classes were more of a seminar which were more like in-depth discussions.

i'm rambling again. :eek: risti, if you ever have any questions feel free to pm me anytime. :D

Back
Top Bottom