It's Official #1035

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
aishka.jpg

I think I know where JessicaAnn is...

Mother-to-be is sauerkraut-eating champion
Associated Press
Published Jun 24, 2002
FRANKSVILLE, Wis. -- Reigning kraut-eating champion Brenda Lashley brought a secret weapon to this year's contest: She was eating for two.

Lashley, who is seven months pregnant, gobbled down more than a pound of sauerkraut Sunday at the Kraut Festival in Franksville to claim her title as the women's World Champion kraut eater. She took home a trophy and $100.

``I just hope he likes it,'' Lashley said of her unborn child, while admitting she's not too fond of the food herself.

Lashley has placed first, second or third in the women's competition every year for the past 15 years.

Her secret?

``Don't look up. Don't look at the crowd.''

She kept her face firmly planted in the plate of cured cabbage Sunday on the third and final day of the 52nd annual event.

The festival originated in 1949 when Frank's Kraut Company was the main industry in Franksville. Now called The Fremont Co., the company still supports the annual festival.

Lashley competed with 14 other women who had two minutes to try to stuff 1.5 pounds of kraut down. Fourteen men raced the two-minute clock to try to consume 2 pounds, and 15 teen-agers had one minute to finish 1 pound.

Back
Top Bottom