It's Offically Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a dvd/vcr player, some clothes, and a giftcard to Best Buy:D

I got a nifty key-locket (with a Leo on it - that's my sign), a pair of fur slippers (VERY warm), 2 bars - one with almonds and hazelnuts and one with cranberries, 2 Sherlock Holmes books, Garnier cleansing milk + Garnier tonic, and a sort of shirt (called a puli in Slovene, but I don't know the English word).

paper shredder and some nice little gifts

I gave some cool presents to my step nieces and nephews. And, I am bringing my step-niece over to NYC for the day tomorrow. That should be fun. Showing a young teen the Village.

As for receiving gifts.....I am happy to be here with my family - and that I have had enough money to get a few small gifts. I truly feel it is about giving.....that's what makes me feel good.

I got some new sweats and a digital camera from my sweetie!

And I gave her sun and moon candle holders and a Flat Panel Monitor.

Merry christmas everyone! :wave:

I love my baby

3363%3A%3B%3B923232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E232335%3B7%3B7247ot1lsi

:drool:

My mom sent me a $200 Visa gift card, two beautiful Barbie dolls, a Barbie ornament, and some books. My aunts and uncles total gave me $90, a candle and candle holder, a shirt, a stuffed animal, an angel pin that used to be my grandma's (she passed in September), and I also got a box of ornaments and figurines that used to be my grandma's. I also got back a shirt I had given to her that she used to wear all the time. My dad gave me $50 and will be paying my cell phone bill and health insurance bills for two months (which is nice, since I have no job now). He also renewed my car's license. My sister gave me a blue glitter lamp, some soap, and some body lotion. John sent me a package in the mail, but he sent it to my home address, so I haven't gotten it yet.

Re: paper shredder and some nice little gifts

Everyone got such fun presents!! :D I mostly got money for london, since it's insanely expensive!
zonelistener said:
And, I am bringing my step-niece over to NYC for the day tomorrow. That should be fun. Showing a young teen the Village.
That's so nice zoney! Those type of presents are the best.

we had the usual Christmas ensemble..waited for it to snow..joined in with weak curiosity during the turkey stuffing marathon..waited for it to snow..soaked up the cultural voyage of cheap Christmas crackers~there are no literal limitations to the ever reliable chicken crossed the road joke..waited for it to snow..tinsel laden Christmas hats for the whole family~"put your hat on..we're all going to look stupid together!"..naturally the pommie queen speech rests in the background..waited for it to stop raining..not to mention the ever reliable Santa Claus movie with Dudley Moore that never misses the TV Christmas listings..established up there with Back To The Future II, The Neverending Story, Babe, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit?..and alchohol experimentations which my family just might nail one year..

..gift wise..a replacement Nirvana-Nevermind CD..The Office DVD- Series 1 (subtle UK comedy), Lord Of The Rings-Fellowship Extended DVD for the family..and the mother of all white chocolate Toblerone bars which never stood a chance in life..

..and an early addiction to marzipan which has grown since Christmas Eve..infiltrated all romantic poetry I can muster..her hair lay swept along the meadow..her touch brazed his heart like a velvet engraved marzipan block..its almond kiss lost on the wind la la la

..and a bottle of Baileys that often sings to me while it sits in the fridge

Glad to hear you all had a great time :)

ACROB@T said:
the mother of all white chocolate Toblerone bars which never stood a chance in life..

:drool:

Share the wealth!!!!! :wave:

;)

ACROB@T said:
The Office DVD- Series 1 (subtle UK comedy)
I'm still trying to understand the office...:scratch: I get it sometimes...

mmmm, baileys...

I think I found out why I get depressed around Christmas time. The only things I got was a keychain, a shirt, a drink blender, and some gaelic language tapes. :sad: everyone else around me got cool gifts. :sigh: I guess I should be grateful for what I did get... but I dunno...

let's see... what did the Noodle get...

Not in order of significance:

-Nirvana Greatest Hits CD
-Essential Leonard Cohen CD
-New Order Substance CD
-Ultra 80s versus Electro CD
-Trivial Pursuit 20th Anniv. Edition game
-Grand Theft Auto: Vice City for PS2 :laugh: :crazy:
-U2 2003 calendar
-clothing
-undies :crack:
-2 revolving disco balls
-Rubix cube
-some huge weird plate from Pier One
-book on vegetarianism
-kitty cat themed personal organizer

I'm wearing my new white ruffley shirt and my necklace with the "lopsided" diamond heart charm. :love: Later my dad and I are exchanging gifts. I think he's just giving me money- I hope. :eyebrow: (My dad...oi vey :eyeroll: )

ANYways...I am kind of bored and want to go back to work. :crack: Anyone want the rest of my vacation? I have to go back the 2nd. :lol: All this feels like to me is the last year revisted.

I'm rambling, I'll go now. :sexywink:

Christmas presents for me were pretty cool. I was so in a gift-giving mood too, but it's payback time as far a credit card bills, come January.

I sent my sister an "American History X" dvd and the "Elevation Boston" dvd. Hehe. Had to force the last one on her. I wrote my name as Sheilagh Mullen on the package. :coocoo: The sis says it's sooo juvenile. :rolleyes:

meegannie said:
Share the wealth!!!!! :wave:

I'd be happy to..I offer you all mini-pick axes..its been sleeping in the fridge for so long that this chocolate needs to be excavated before it can be eaten...the baileys is now dry :(

jkayet, The Office is very subtle comedy and took me a small while to fully get to grips with..because unlike your traditional comedies the canned laughter is not included its left to audience to relate to each of the characters and situations with what they experience in the work place and especially in a similar office based environment..its worrying that a few of the characters are not that different to some of the people I work with

Jenn, I know some humor that you'll get:

Six Flags over the Dominican Republic.

Sam and Craig and the cab driver thought we were :coocoo:

:lol:

meegannie said:
Jenn, I know some humor that you'll get:

Six Flags over the Dominican Republic.

Sam and Craig and the cab driver thought we were :coocoo:

:lol:
:laugh: :lol: hehee...how about six flags over the benelux states? hehe...

i'm going to try to watch Office Space soon so i can maybe get more in touch with the office comedies...maybe one day i'll get the office... :huh:

Back
Top Bottom