Its offical we are feckin broke!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russty Cat

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
My husband, Mr. Cat got laid off of his job a week and a half ago. He had another job already lined up. THey laid him off after he had already given notice. The screwed up thing is they are refusing to pay him money they owe us. As of this morning we have $33 in our checking account. We have two kids to take care of. And next week I'm supposed to be driving 500 miles to see my parents who I haven't seen in two years. My best friend from childhood is getting married and I want to be there to support him. I'm so pissed off that this guy my husband worked for faithfully for 7 years is trying to screw us over. My husband was the only permanent employee for that 7 years, because no one else wants to work for the asshole. I swear I just feel like my husband is a nice hard working guy who always gets screwed. I'm trying to keep up a brave face, cuz I know my husband is doing all that he can. He has already gone to the local Labor Board and reported his ex boss and they are going to serve him with a notice that he needs to pay us or we will take him to court. But it could be months before we see the money. I haven't a clue what I'm going to do next week when our utility bill is due. Its already a month behind. :(

I just want to know why is the good guy always getting kicked when he's down. :rant: It just doesn't seem fair.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation;

There was a time 18+ years ago when it was common for Bono's American Wife and I to sit on the carpet and roll up pennies and whatever loose change there was to make ends meet...:truestory:

:hug: to everyone. Boy was I having a pity party for one last night. :lol: But its so true Mr. Baw that many people have been in our place many times. I'm blessed that I have such a hard working husband and two beautiful kids. We scrounged for change over the weekend to get some food and laughed at all the odd places where we found spare change. I think times like these make you stronger and in my case make me thankful for the things we have. But mostly they make me thankful for my husband who has faithfully taken care of me for 10 years and never once complained when it got bad. He said last night that we would get thru this like we always do. And I know he is right.

Thanks for the hugs and encouragement. That is one of the great things about this board whenever I'm down people are always great about giving hugs and encouraging words. :love: :heart:

Keep your faith; don't blame each other; realize that there's a light at the end of the tunnel; love each other like you just met her/him; NEVER let your children know you're scared; maintain your sensibility and know your place...

I've always kept the above rules in my life; we've been in upper 6-figures since 1994...you will be fine..:HUG:

Awh!!

Russty Cat, so sorry to hear about this.
I wish I had a funny story to tell you that could make you laugh.
Just like you told me yesterday.

But all I can come up with is:

perhaps you could hold a garage sale this weekend and try to sell stuff that you or your family don't use anymore or that has just been laying around

or

sell some of your old tapes, CD's, video's or DVD's to a local music store (that you don't listen to and which don't hold any special value or memory)

That might be enough to cover your utility bill.

Also I really hope this Labor Board notice will help to pressure the ex boss in to paying your husband.

^that's a good idea of selling old stuff. as they say 'one man's trash is another man's treasure'
also ring your utility company. they're usually pretty good about extending due dates if you keep in touch and let them know you wont be making full payment.

good luck mate.
:(

I wish the pair of you the very best, You will get through this im sure, just keep your heads held high.

i remember selling what i thought was all of my u2 imports and u2 posters when my ex and i didnt have money to eat and i was 7 months pregnant. i cried for a week.

then a month ago sorting thru my things i found 5 u2 imports stashed away in my keepsake box. i gave them to daisy as a gift.

things will get better. hang in there:hug:

icelle said:
i remember selling what i thought was all of my u2 imports and u2 posters when my ex and i didnt have money to eat and i was 7 months pregnant. i cried for a week.

then a month ago sorting thru my things i found 5 u2 imports stashed away in my keepsake box. i gave them to daisy as a gift.

things will get better. hang in there:hug:
:up: Icelle's story are so down to earth true!

RC, do I ever relate to this! I'm currently looking for a job after finishing up my school term for the summer and while I made sure to cover rent/child care, I neglected to plan for the rest of the bills and so I'm just trying to "hang in there" too as I submit resumes, borrow money just to keep food in the cupboards (although I could benefit from a bit of "hunger" if ya know what I mean)!
It was the same last summer so you'd think I'd have learned my lesson and put aside some money, etc. but nooooo... :tsk:
I have more of a positive attitude though that something will come through and :rolleyes: this too shall pass...
So, while it may seem there is no end in sight, it is temporary! have faith and good luck!! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom