It's an Official GRAMMAR LESSON!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Every sentence and name of God should begin with a catepillar.

Capital letters begin at breviation.

A quotation is asking a question.

An Exclamation Point is what causes surprise.

Brackets set things off so they wont have anything to do with the sentence.

Grammar is how to talk good.

Grammar gives us the languish.

We study Grammar to get the senses.

A common noun is small things.

A proper non is peoples names.

A pronoun is a word when we cant get a noun.

A pronoun is a word which is just as good as a noun.

The two kinds of Pronouns is I and O. ;)

The plural is formed by turning book into books.

Person in Grammar tells us whether he is a man or a woman. It is always an animal or something that isnt alive.

A verb is something to eat.

An intransitiv verb exppresses an act not done to another as James did not strike John.

The Moods in English Gram are the Indicative, Potential, Subjugated, and Infinitif.

The optative mood is a mood in a verb when any body knows you have done any thing.

The sign if shows the potative mood.

A dependent sentence is one that hangs from its clause.

All sentences are either simple or confound.

A word governed by another is called its regiment.

Rhythm is a horse trotting on a road.

Rhyme makes two words sound just alike.

A figure means something different from what it says.

Can in poetry is sometimes used for cant.

Prose tells things that are true right along just as they are and poetry makes it up as you go along.

A preposition is a word that shews the position of one thing with kind regards to another.

Lilly said:
are you really into grammar soulful?

i am :reject:

:uhoh: I brush up on it, on occasion.

I'm reading Sin and Syntax, by Editor of wired style... It's a hip-cool manual of style a la Strunk & White... I read some funny stuff, and thought I'd share it here. :)

since grammar has never shown any interest in me I refuse to show any interest in grammar

i too am into grammar. i don't capitalize here because it's how i write in casual writing (like if i were to write a letter to my friend or a shopping list) but i still use proper grammar. if you do it enough it becomes a part of daily life so you use proper grammar without even knowing. however, capitalization takes a bit of effort, you must press the caps lock or shift key.

some people here have such awful spelling and grammar it shocks me when i learn english is actually their mother tongue! i mean, we've got people like salome and U2girl who, if they didn't tell you where they were from, you'd never know it wasn't their first language!

that is all. :|

FizzingWhizzbees said:
i was the grammar geek of my english class. people asked me to proof-read their essays to check the grammar. i'm embarassed to admit that. :reject:
omigor me too!! i always hated marking stuff though. like, when we'd grade each other's papers and no one knew who was marking it. but when someone would actually ask me, it was like, "well, is it really so bad that they misspelled something every five words?"

I'm a stickler for grammar...but not on messageboards or chat..

Maybe I should be...practise makes perfect!

I love Grammar. I love words. This is fitting because I'm a writing major and all. I flip out (in a good way) when people use words I like. For example, anal!

anal is one of my favourite words too :D

But people take that word the wrong way :|

Back
Top Bottom