It's a Very Official Birth Certificate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
Mine came in the mail today. I mean, not the original of it--it's not like my parents just got around to filing it now, 22 years later--but a real certified copy of it. I need it as proof of U.S. citizenship to go to Canada as I don't have a passport and there wasn't enough time to get one.

Isn't that funny--that there's a piece of paper that proves that you exist, that you were born? I don't know, that's a bit of a mindfuck for me for some reason. I was looking at it, seeing my parents' names together in one place like that--I never see that, of course, as my parents are divorced. And there I was--my name and my date of birth and so forth.

It was an odd experience for me.

Maybe I should have journaled this. ;)

thank god for my mom...she has all that crap so if i ever need it, she's off making me a copy or faxing it for me. i guess at some point i'm going to need to get everything and put it in my safe at home.

it is odd though to look at your birth certificate. i look at like the filing dates for that and my ssn. it's crazy to look and think "i was four months old when they filed for my social. i wonder why they did it that day and not the next tuesday" and stuff like that. another mindfuck is going through a divorce and having to show your marriage license to people as to why you got a name change because you waited three years to finish changing your name over...only to have to go through it all over again.

can i go to canada too? :D

When I was little, my parents lost mine and I couldn't get another official one. I wonder if I could have changed my date of birth...

Back
Top Bottom