Its a fissure # kat and me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I give this thread :up: :up:

Dear All-Knowing One,
Are perms going to come back in style any time soon, or is this straight hair trend going to continue?

Angela Harlem said:
Screamer:
The times, they are a'changing. Head in a new direction. You've been stuck for a while and life isn't giving you an inch. There's a reason for this. You've always thought you wanted to one thing, all the while doing something else. Neither of those may be the right thing for you at this stage of your life. Things will change again, as they always do, and you feel like you dont really know. Truth is there is plenty you want to do, but feel unable to do any of it. The times when you feel most like you have nothing is most likely when it is the right time to take the bull b the horns and reclaim your life. After time, it will become clear it is easier to jump straight in than it is to carry on without a sense of control.

you're frighteningly good at this. :uhoh:

Lemon Meringue:
Perms are the way to go. As a person inflicted with yardstick straight hair, I know the pain associated with not having to suffer 'the frizzies' and those lovely big bouncing curls that some people are blessed with. Times are a'changing on hair fashion too, but until the 80's poodle perm makes a smashing come back to the tres cool scene, I wholly recommend you get one of those lovely permanent waves done. They're soft and manageable and not such a drastic change to your appearance. I recently had one done and can see that this choice would be good for you. You will be then left with the option on a daily basis of either scrunching it up to the most curly you can get it, or leaving it to dry naturally with soft subtle waves. You have all the choice here, straight hair is a good blank canvas for opting whichever fashion trend you wish to follow.
Your hair and the smile in the mirror will be thanking you!

:wave:

Sweetest Miss Thong:
Research mah'dear. I see you being meticulous with detail and this will serve you well in any endeavour really. You have the curious contrast of the arts and sciences in you which is conflicting at times, yet versatile. You have the luxury of feeding your love of science for a living while feeding the passion for the arts as a hobby. I think versatility is key with you. You desire change often and need to fullfill that so you dont end up totally jaded. You need a lot happening so if something goes not according to plan, you have a fallback for sense of achievement. Remember, pressure comes worst from your self than anyone else. And there's pretty much nothing you cannot do if you put your mind to it.

Dear Ms. Angie Harlem:

How do I become like normal people?

--lesmiserablesmofoes

S'mofo:
There's no such thng as normal, only extremes on each end of a plethora of variants that make the inbetween. You fit in right where you are and cannot change it otherwise you would have slowly become what you think you should be. What you should be is who you really are, and you've already got that. To change will only shift you to something that is still somewhere in the mix, but you wouldn't be you. And who's to say what you think is better, really is? Someone who is on the spot you want to be might have a different view. If unhappiness follows you around, start fiddling with the things outside yourself first. The problem may not be you, it could be the external things which you project back onto yourself.

Meggie:
Animals! You need to work with animals for a while. Maybe volunteer at a shelter or something along those lines. Does London have a Blue Cross? For a long term part time job until you have finished studying I think you would do awesome in a small record shop or even a book store. Being an exotic American means you have the smarts in a broader range of music. You have that anyway, but milk it to get you some $$$ (or pounds/euros whatever England uses, lol) and have a blast while you're doing it. You want to be able to look back on these first few months in the UK as having had the time of your life. Its only up from here Meggie.

Back
Top Bottom