It's a fissure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
My poor doggie Angus is in hospital again.
He had a tumour on his spleen and it ruptured. They operated on him today and removed his entire spleen which they say shouldn't cause any major problems as a spleen is not essential. He also required a transfusion as he lost a lot of blood in the rupture, but the vet says he is doing ok. We are waiting now on results on his liver and kidney biopsy to make sure it hasn't spread to his other organs.
But he is going to be ok.

He's a trooper.

My poor pooch.

Woe.

:(

I know how you feel. My kitty is sick, I had to take her today to do an endoscopy and they put her under anesthesia and stuck an endoscope up her butt and got a tissue sample of her intestine. :sad:

Hopefully they wont find cancer.

I hope your doggie will be ok.

Vets are expensive. :mad:

I heard about poor lil Sasha Sicy and I really hope she is ok. If it is cancer, they say animal cancers are 50% curable. I think with Angus we were just lucky I was home when it ruptured as the vet said it could have been much different if I didnt get him there that night. I didn't ask her to elaborate. I was worried enough. As you must be. I guess with Angus though we were just lucky as he didnt seem sick at all. I was just sitting here chatting with Calluna and he just vomited and collapsed, he wouldn't move. It was so awful. We are still waiting to find out if it was malignant or benign but they said during the surgery his other organs looked good.

And yes they are ridiculously expensive. Its an expense I'm not begrudging in any way at all as my boy will now be coming home minus one organ.

But honestly.....$2,000 is what this is costing us. Right after we just spent $1500 on a digital camera and need to start buying all this baby shit for the alien.

:mad:

Pets are in the wars at present aren't they, our German Shepherd Elsa had a cyst removed this week, so shes been pretty ginger since then.

Sending good thoughts to all of you and your pets. I work in a vets office and I know how emotional and expensive it can be. My Seuss was really sick this past January but thankfully he has recovered. However, now I'm in much debt. But hang in there, they're worth every penny!

ti-hua said:
Sending good thoughts to all of you and your pets.

I echo ti-hua's sentiments. I just want all the doggies and kitties to be well. This is not near as bad as what angie and sicy have been going through but my cat Friederich appears to have gotten in another fight this morning and he is limping again. I have to keep an eye on it and will probably end up at the vet's tomorrow for some antibiotics.

Curse you, orange tomcat! (Friederich's mortal enemy) :mad:

get well soon Angus and Sasha! :heart:

I'm sorry to hear that, Angie. :(

My poor little mousie is still hangin' on but barely...he was bleeding really bad last night, and this morning I found him half hanging in his food bowl, half hanging out, and he was breathing really fast. :(

Wow guys, I'm so sorry to hear about all your pets! Thats so sad.
I really hope everyone's pets get better really soon. :(

Angus will be coming home tomorrow.

Angela Harlem said:
My poor doggie Angus is in hospital again.
He had a tumour on his spleen and it ruptured. They operated on him today and removed his entire spleen which they say shouldn't cause any major problems as a spleen is not essential. He also required a transfusion as he lost a lot of blood in the rupture, but the vet says he is doing ok. We are waiting now on results on his liver and kidney biopsy to make sure it hasn't spread to his other organs.
But he is going to be ok.

He's a trooper.

My poor pooch.

Woe.

I am so sorry to hear this ... (((Angie)))

((Sicy))) .... I hope you hear good news abotu your kitty.

Why do humans and animals have things like spleens and gall baldders that we don't really need?

Back
Top Bottom