It would officially suck if you were this kid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessicaAnn

ONE love, blood, life
Man pays for petrol with nephew

PHNOM PENH (Reuters) - A Cambodian who found he had forgotten his wallet after filling up his motorbike with petrol ended up paying for the three litres of petrol with his nephew.

The Kampuchea Thmey (New Cambodia) newspaper said on Monday the nine-year-old, who it named as Dy, had been on a trip with his uncle in March 2002 to try and track down his father in a nearby province in the war-scarred southeast Asian nation.

However, their motorbike ran out of petrol before reaching their destination and, after filling up with three litres of gasoline from a roadside stall, the uncle realised he had no money.

Eventually he convinced the old lady selling petrol to take his nephew as a guarantee he would return with the cash -- 87 pence, the paper said.

Nearly two years later, she is still waiting -- but has opted to keep the youngster.

"I have decided to take care of him and raise him as my own grandson," she told the paper.

Despite a huge U.N.-backed reconstruction effort in the early 1990s, child rights remain a distant dream in Cambodia where society still bears the scars of decades of civil war, including the Khmer Rogue genocide of the 1970s.

I wonder what I could get if I traded in my sister? :hmm:

actually i have taken my sister off the market ... i don't think her boyfriend would appreciate me selling her.

i have an arse of an uncle i'm selling ... a bargain at $2.00

One of my art teachers has been to Cambodia a bunch of times. A Cambodian artist has showed his pix at our studio. I think I'm going to get to meet the guy pretty soon.

zoney! said:
you aren't helping you speed dial case here. :tsk:

Isn't there anything else I could trade?

What if I got you an opportunity to be one of teh racing sausages at Miller Park?

Or some other favor?

pfft.

speed dial. You tell me I need cooking lessons...I erase you from the phone list.

One more comment and you get "super blocking" action! :grumpy:

:D

zoney! said:
pfft.

speed dial. You tell me I need cooking lessons...I erase you from the phone list.

One more comment and you get "super blocking" action! :grumpy:

:D

*gasp

Zoney ... you need a hug or a Prozac.

:sexywink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom