It Officially# The Questions Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Windows 98 is a flat out terrible version of Windows. I did not cry when I upgraded to Windows 2000 (and now XP Pro).

The registry checker could easily have ruined quite a lot, because the registry is a very core part of Windows. It may have ruined it to the point that you will need to reformat and reinstall your computer (just remember to back up all your important documents, etc. before you do that). *Don't* reinstall registry checker.

To check your BIOS is going to depend on your computer. When it turns on in the beginning, you should be able to either hit "Delete" or "F1" to get in it. Hopefully, your intro screen should tell you, but maybe it won't, especially if you have a graphic covering it up, like a lot of package computers like to do.

If you can get in it, snoop around, and look for something that talks about enabling USB. Be careful not to tinker with any other settings.

Melon

Uhm we got our computer reformatted but the registry checker thing keeps coming back

My Dad would kill me if I broke the computer again

Ive tinkered a lot already

It syas it cant locate the drivers but i have downloaded so much stuff :uhoh:

I'm guessing you use a recovery disk, rather than just the individual Windows 98? That's why I hate nearly all packaged computers, and refuse to buy them.

Go to the Control Panel and "Add/Remove Programs." Look for the official name to the registry checker program, and uninstall it. If you reformat the computer again, launch "Safe Mode" (hit "F8" after the BIOS and before Windows starts) the first time around to avoid having that program restart itself, and uninstall it then. If you can't avoid it, just uninstall it ASAP.

Melon

I dont know my Dad always does all the computery stuff and I think I should leave the tinkering alone :reject:

This computer sucks

Why do people know so much more than I do?

I've been using computers since i386s and MS-DOS 5.0. My first computer didn't have Microsoft Windows on it, and I had version 3.1 installed at a later date. Basically, I've watched them grow up over the years, and I've been able to keep track of how they work.

Melon

Melon I have no question of yours to answer but your a smart guy

Why do people get hiccups?

Lara Mullen said:
Why do people get hiccups?

One's diaphragm (the muscle that makes you breathe) can often get out of place, and will contract involuntarily as a result. If the hiccups are especially bad, they are often a sign that your entire digestive system is currently out of whack, and, in extreme cases, you will start having larger spells of heartburn-like symptoms, sugar intolerance, and constipation.

In other words, hiccups tell you in a very blunt manner that something is wrong. Exercise to work your abdominal muscles can restimulate the area and get things working again.

Melon

i'm not a communist, i just find communism an interesting subject.

why does everyone hate basstrap?

Because the crackers grow from trees with orange branches, duuuuuuuuh.

What exactly does it sound like when doves cry?

why does my roommate's computer keep saying "uh oh" in a really scary high pitched voice?

The turfs bruning in here

ICQ is a messanger thing like MSN I think!!!

Do bald men wash their hair with shampoo?

only if they're not truly bald

where'd my beanie run off to again? it doesn't fit while i've got as much hair as i do now, and i seem to have misplaced it...

would have happen to have a map so i can go retrieve my hat?

only if you give me a ride. i'll help pay for gas if it's far away. whatdya say? roadtrip!

Back
Top Bottom