I't Official# How many of us here absolutely have to wear glasses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiny dancer

Blue Crack Distributor
I'm as blind as a bat, and has to wear glasses for distances. At one time I was able to wear contact lenses. But then I developed Dry Eye Syndrome, and I'm back to wearing glasses.

Lets see. We know that ABEL and Martha wear them. :yes:

I don't need glasses...*squints at your name*...Tony Danza...yeah...no glasses for me...I can see just fine...

i wore glasses for the longest time, then in 7th grade i was fitted with hard contact lenses. then i graduated to soft lenses in high school. i can't be without glasses or contacts under no circumstances unless im sleeping or around my house...its that bad.

I started wearing glasses in fourth grade ( I got braces and glasses on the same day). I finally got contacts (soft) in high school and then had some sort of problem with my eyes getting too dry and I was told I couldn't wear contacts anymore. All through college I wore glasses. I look *awful* in glasses. I couldn't see a thing without them though. People would wave to me and I would have no idea who they were. I did start to recognize people by the way they moved though.

Then, three years ago I had lazik. I didn't used to be able to see the clockradio time that was three feet away from me. Now I can see the VCR clear across the room. That was the best money I have ever spent (besides seeing U2 several times during the Elevation tour!).

me. :sigh:

i've been wearing glasses since i was two or three. i had an eye injury at birth and i'll have to wear glasses forever because of it. as a baby, i wore an eye patch (a stick-on type, i didn't look like a small fry pirate). when i first wore glasses, i had to wear both even up to when i was in elementary school, but luckily by then it was only for a couple hours so i could wear it after school so i wouldn't be teased. :(

i had to wear glasses even when swimming. luckily i don't anymore, but i do have to wear them essentially anytime i'm awake. if i don't, my right eye (the damaged one) will drift and i'll get a really bad eye tension headache from it.

well, it was either have this eye injury or die so i can live with it, especially since now it doesn't hinder me, i mean i can drive just fine and everything, as long as i wear my glasses. i have depth perception problems sometimes though and it freaks me out. luckily i just overestimate (things look farther away than they are) so i've never almost caused an accident by darting into traffic thinking i had more room than i did. usually it's the other way around: i look like the idiot waiting for an invitation to turn. :der:

bonosgirl84 said:
boys DO make passes at girls who wear glasses :flirt:

Worst pick-up line I ever got:

"You're the prettiest girl I've ever seen in glasses."

:mad:

Do you want to know something sad yet pretty funny?

When I was really young (like in pre-school/kindergarten) they found out I had a lazy eye and prescribed me to wear an eye patch and glasses to try to correct it!

Man I looked like such a goofy sucker with that thing on! It would have been nice if they would have given me a cool eye patch, like a pirate one. But all they gave me was one that totally looked like a huge bandaid I'd stick over my eye.

The really sad thing was that wearing that for like 2 years did nothing to improve my lazy eye, so they just scrapped it. So I ended up only having to wear glasses for like 2 years of my life (the same 2 years where I was lovingly refered to as "Patch Guy" by me schoolmates!

(Luckily my lazy eye isnt very apparent, I just cant read with my right eye, I can still see, but it's blurry)

I have to wear glasses for my chem labs. :mad: They're really thick ugly glasses because I haven't gotten the silver frames I want yet. The rest of the time I wear contacts.

bonosgirl84 said:
boys DO make passes at girls who wear glasses :flirt:

I wish one would make a pass at me :sigh: :lol: :flirt:

I've worn glasses since 2nd or 3rd grade...my teacher noticed I would turn my head to one side to favor the better eye when I'd read the chalkboard...she suggested I have my eyes tested, and I did and have worn glasses ever since :yes:

What's up Patch Guy

u2popmofo said:
Do you want to know something sad yet pretty funny?

When I was really young (like in pre-school/kindergarten) they found out I had a lazy eye and prescribed me to wear an eye patch and glasses to try to correct it!

Man I looked like such a goofy sucker with that thing on! It would have been nice if they would have given me a cool eye patch, like a pirate one. But all they gave me was one that totally looked like a huge bandaid I'd stick over my eye.

When I was four - I had eye surgery on my bad eye (also lazy). They were going to do the patch thing, but luckily, my parents realized was goofy looking enough, and that would just cause more problems. So I just had glasses and a crooked-looking head (do to the lazy, squinty eye.

Man am I pretty!

what's lazik?

like what bjork wnated for her kid in Dancer in the Dark

oh great! you reminded me of that movie...now I'm utterly depressed again

i wear contacts or glasses every day. i can get by for basic stuff without them, but i feel lost. :uhoh:
i want lavendar contacts.

I was just joking before

I think glasses are alright!
I won't be sad the day I have to get some

Back
Top Bottom