it is official southern earthquake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i am fine and actually didn't know it was an earthquake until 30 mins ago when my co-worker asked me in the elevator if i felt the earthquake. i looked at her with a puzzled look and said "oh is that what that was at 5AM!" i was in a deep sleep when it hit. it was loud, like a rolling thunder noise. my bed was shaking and the window next to my bed as well as the whole apartment. i really didn't know what to think of it since i was in a deep sleep. i first thought it was my neighbors being annoying again, but thought that was odd and then thought it was either a fighter jet flying low over my complex or something exploded. my apartment is in the foot hills of the North Georgia mountains and pretty close to the alabama border. so the epicenter was not that far away from me. it is very very weird and disturbing to know that i felt this and knew something was odd but decided to go back to bed and ignore it. :huh:

since i didn't know about it until a few mins ago i have no idea if my apartment has any damage. i will take a look at it tonight but thankfully no one was hurt just a lot of nerves shot for a bit.

:hug: glad everyone's ok. I've never felt an earthquake. I think I'd kinda like to feel one someday, as long as it was a small one like that with no damage.

i saw this on the news this morning and immediately thought of you.
i grew up in southern california and i HATED earthquakes.

glad you're ok :hug:

We had a little shaking here in Birmingham as well. It woke us up and we had no idea what was going on. We're OK, it just shot our nerves to bits. :hyper: :hyper:

:ohmy:
I fell off my bed once because of an earthquake, but that's the most I've ever been in one. My flatmate from california is terrified of bridges because of them.

Glad you are ok!! :)

If it wasn't for my brother, I would've slept through the Northridge earthquake (we were about an hour away from the epicenter). I'll say this, having lived in both California and Oklahoma: tornados are MUCH scarier than earthquakes. :crack:

Back
Top Bottom