Is't FFoiiacl# spagetthi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mayhaps it's not that I can't cook...but just that I'd rather do other things than cook. My problem is that I am such a perfectionist when I cook that it takes me hours. I made this fabulous taco hotdish once, but it took me over 4 hours.

ILuvLarryMullen said:
I had spagetti for dinner, the sauce was from a can, is that okay?

:hug:

That's pushing it a bit but since you made your own spaghetti I will let that one slide :wink:

I suppose I could cook if I really wanted to...I have actually made pasta and a few things before. But like BC, it's usually a matter of either time, or just me being too lazy to cook :lol:

I actually think I'm going to buy some non-canned or frozen pasta this week, cuz it's cheaper, and I'm broke for the next 2 weeks till payday :ohmy:

ILuvLarryMullen said:
hehe, thanks :hug:. we added our own meat to the sauce too!

Bonus Points.

Actually I do make my own sauce but I dont start with real tomatoes like some Italian moms/grandmas do :lol: I do start with sauce from a can, and add whatever I want, spices, garlic and onions especially, parsley, meat if desired.

You've been cleared :cool:

Once you've had real Italian food, cooked by someone actually from Italy, you just can't eat canned or frozen again.

My best friend's mom is from Italy and used to send an extra lunch to work with her daughter, just for me :drool:

Homemade is the only way to go :yes: I don't even like dried pasta anymore, I always try to buy fresh.

Not only do I give an authoritative :down: to canned pasta, but also to canned pretty much any damn thing involving pasta. It's so easy and so good that I find no reason to cut corners. My dad has always emphasized that you must never serve guests pasta sauce that you don't make yourself, and if you wouldn't serve it to your guests, why would you eat it? To the canned pasta eaters I say that you should start slicing onions for sauce immediatly in penance. You can be forgiven. It will eventually be alright.

Bonochick said:
I declare several of you to be food snobs. :wink:
i'm not a food snob! if i'm going to make my own food, isn't it only fair that i would wanna do it my way? :wink:

but i don't always cook from scratch. i should because i'm practically a hausfrau right now, but most of the time it's macaroni and cheese, barbecue, things that don't take that long to prepare or cook.

canned pasta is for toddlers

are you a toddler?

Back
Top Bottom