IO'm Tomer and this is what i do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Uncle Tucker never gave you a couch? :hmmm:

Well, son of a bitch....I am calling the bastard tomorrow. Here...I just put it in my daily planner: "call uncle tucker...ask him what did he do for Tomer." :angry:

AND...you can take your be nice and shove it. :wink: Tomer knows where I am with him! He knows I am just "playing" :up: I wouldn't do it if I knew HE couldn't handle it. But he is a good guy who can also shovel it out. SO, again...shove it!

MissMaCo said:
I wish I had known Zoney when he was a newbie :drool:

my newbie story:

I joined the day of a show I was going to (U2) to see if I could meet up with other U2 fans. I had read stuff at Interference for a long time, but never registered.

After the show...I really didn't post a lot. Read and read and read until I understood stuff better.

I would post here and there, tasking questions, posting my opinions about songs and talking U2. I found the other spots and would add my 2 cents here and there. I would NEVER try to ruffle feathers or challenge anyone...little alone tell someone to "be nice" - it wasn't my place to do that. I understood that if there was a TRUE disagreement between people, the mods would handle it, or the individuals would handle it.

As the third leg of the tour was announced, I checked in here to see what kind of shows were available...and to see if I could connect with other people that shared my seemingly life-long passion of the band U2. I ended up getting a pair of GA tickets from Propaganda for Las Vegas. Then I found out that a HUGE Interference gathering was happening.

I posted A LOT in the Vegas Gathering thread. A LOT. And then came the show. I first met Sulawesigirl at the airport as we waited for our seperate flights to Vegas (from the same place). At the gathering, I got to meet Sicy and LMPA, Elvis, *ally* and SO MANY others. The next day in the GA line I met other interferencers. I really enjoyed meeting all of these people...and posted and posted and posted when I got home. But, after actually meeting these people, I was no longer a newbie.

My suggestion to those who choose to post...get to know people before you get overly involved. Understand the different relationships. That is important. UNDERSTANDING the realtionships of the people who are already posting here.

zoney! said:
my newbie story:

I joined the day of a show I was going to (U2) to see if I could meet up with other U2 fans. I had read stuff at Interference for a long time, but never registered.

After the show...I really didn't post a lot. Read and read and read until I understood stuff better.

I would post here and there, tasking questions, posting my opinions about songs and talking U2. I found the other spots and would add my 2 cents here and there. I would NEVER try to ruffle feathers or challenge anyone...little alone tell someone to "be nice" - it wasn't my place to do that. I understood that if there was a TRUE disagreement between people, the mods would handle it, or the individuals would handle it.

As the third leg of the tour was announced, I checked in here to see what kind of shows were available...and to see if I could connect with other people that shared my seemingly life-long passion of the band U2. I ended up getting a pair of GA tickets from Propaganda for Las Vegas. Then I found out that a HUGE Interference gathering was happening.

I posted A LOT in the Vegas Gathering thread. A LOT. And then came the show. I first met Sulawesigirl at the airport as we waited for our seperate flights to Vegas (from the same place). At the gathering, I got to meet Sicy and LMPA, Elvis, *ally* and SO MANY others. The next day in the GA line I met other interferencers. I really enjoyed meeting all of these people...and posted and posted and posted when I got home. But, after actually meeting these people, I was no longer a newbie.

My suggestion to those who choose to post...get to know people before you get overly involved. Understand the different relationships. That is important. UNDERSTANDING the realtionships of the people who are already posting here.

Could you please repeat this story in a non-IO (i.e. a slightly more serious, if that's possible) thread. Or rather, stalk the mods until they make this sticky in every sub-forum. With the last paragraph in bold and size 24 letters.

:love:

zoney! said:
this should go in the FAQ. :up:

Zoney, as I was the one who posted the "be nice" comment to you, I feel I owe you a reply.
The "be nice" comment was just a tongue-in-cheek comment because Sicy had said the exact same thing to me when I posted in one of the sxxxy biyatch-threads. It was meant as irony because she told me off for being rude, yet didn't to the same to you when you posted your Cassis-comment.

I'm sorry because I didn't make it clear that it was meant ironically, I was being a bit protective of Cassis (I wasn't aware of the fact that you guys are "cool" with eachother) and that is wrong, you are right, I should have said nothing untill I understood the way you two communicate.

So, I am sorry.

the soul waits said:
The "be nice" comment was just a tongue-in-cheek comment because Sicy had said the exact same thing to me when I posted in one of the sxxxy biyatch-threads. It was meant as irony because she told me off for being rude, yet didn't to the same to you when you posted your Cassis-comment.

Since when is saying "Be nice" telling someone off?

You obviously dont know me very well. :huh:

Sicy said:

Since when is saying "Be nice" telling someone off?

You obviously dont know me very well. :huh:

No i don't know you very well, that's true.
And since you only posted two words "be nice", a lot of interpretations were an option.
I obviously picked the wrong one.

Back
Top Bottom