IO: Wine is :drool:-worthy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Red, white, sweet, dry, fruity, oaky....all soooooo good! :drool:

Lila64 said:
The reds never agree with me. Make my shoulders feel all achy and stuff. If I drink it, I'll stick to white

This one will agree with you and you with it...it'll fix all your ailments! PS. drink this and then beg for a back rub!

14VineCliff.jpg

wine is indeed :drool: :drool:
too much wine is :crack:
:der: made me loose half of my saturday night and spent all of my sunday in bed recovering.....

ready for more now :up:
fruity white ..

Utoo said:
Red, white, sweet, dry, fruity, oaky....all soooooo good! :drool:
I know this all too well :drool:
but I too have had some awful wine.
any suggestions for wine that is good but not too expensive?

Speaking of wine...I'm stoked to announce that next week, I will be doing 5 days in NAPA, CA...

My brother and two nephews have 3 golf outings; we also scheduled wine tastings at Luna, Pine Ridge, BV, Turnbull, Rubicon Estates, Grother and Joseph Phelps wineries...I'm fortunate because these are not just tastings, but behind the scene tours of the facilities as one of my nephews is the vice-president of a national wine club association; he's a slight degree beneath that of sommelier...

I'll be back just in time to enjoy Mr. BAW's margarita party! its gonna be a crawling week....

:up:

Mr. BAW said:
Speaking of wine...I'm stoked to announce that next week, I will be doing 5 days in NAPA, CA...

My brother and two nephews have 3 golf outings; we also scheduled wine tastings at Luna, Pine Ridge, BV, Turnbull, Rubicon Estates, Grother and Joseph Phelps wineries...

BV has such an awesome private reserve. :up:

Grgich Hills, I think is right across the street from BV and they have some very nice wines too.

Cleasai said:
I wish I was a wine snob. As of lately I've been getting some bottles purely for the pretty labels. lol

Nothing wrong with that! We've been collecting the Marilyn wines since 1989 I think.

D'oh! If you do indeed have Marilyns from the late 80s they are now worth a lot now :drool:

Last edited:
Re: Re: IO: Wine is :drool:-worthy

*browneyedgirl* said:
any suggestions for wine that is good but not too expensive?

About $9... Cellar No. 8

CellarNo8CabernetSauvignon.jpg

About $7 ($4.99 at Trader Joe's) Barefoot Cabernet

barefoot-cabernet-sauvignon.jpg

About $6.99 Yellow Tail Shiraz Cabernet (PS - Yellow Tail and Lindeman is the same vineyard; Consumer Guide did a recent survery
and claimed they were the best buy for the dollar!) Thanks to Mrs. Edge for introducing me to this brand...

Yellow%20tail.jpg

lindemans.jpg

Last edited:
I buy wines based on labels too

Cleasai said:
I wish I was a wine snob. As of lately I've been getting some bottles purely for the pretty labels. lol

marilynmerlot.gif

By the way for the wine connoisseurs here are some sites you may not know about but should probably check out.
http://wine.woot.com
http://www.corkd.com

Pretty :drool:

Btw, big fan of the yellowtail wines, and just bought a bottle of the Barefoot this weekend. :up:

Back
Top Bottom