IO - Why woman talk a lot and men don't

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Numb1075

ONE love, blood, life
It's officially a theory I recently heard as to why woman talk a lot (too much according to some men) and why men are often silent or less talkative.

It's all about evolution.

A long time ago men were the hunters and woman were the gatherers.

The men needed to remain silent in order to not scare off the animals. Obviously if an animal is unaware you are near them, they are easier to kill.

Women needed to talk a lot in order to scare the animals away from the fruit, plants, and berries. Obviously, they could gather more if they aren't being killed by wild animals.

So, this generalization of woman talking a lot and men remaining quieter or saying the same thing but with fewer words could be directly connected to earlier mankind practices.

food for thought

Numb1075 said:
It's officially a theory I recently heard as to why woman talk a lot (too much according to some men) and why men are often silent or less talkative.

It's all about evolution.

A long time ago men were the hunters and woman were the gatherers.

The men needed to remain silent in order to not scare off the animals. Obviously if an animal is unaware you are near them, they are easier to kill.

Women needed to talk a lot in order to scare the animals away from the fruit, plants, and berries. Obviously, they could gather more if they aren't being killed by wild animals.

So, this generalization of woman talking a lot and men remaining quieter or saying the same thing but with fewer words could be directly connected to earlier mankind practices.

food for thought

WHERE'S MY SPEAR!!!? :scratch:

*gets eaten by wild boar*

:sad:

My ex wouldnt shut the fuck up.. ever. I had to tape his big ass mouth shut finally.

Sicy said:
My ex wouldnt shut the fuck up.. ever. I had to tape his big ass mouth shut finally.

He wouldn't last too long hunting for food for his family then....

Cue the 900 pound hungry black bear !

This is funny b/c I would be the exact opposite here, but my girlfriend really doesn't talk all that much.

I mean, here, take this post for example, I am just sitting here talking for no reason now, and you're probably wondering where is he going with this, but I have no idea either, but I can keep going. I work with lots of little kids in a gym. There's a woman who teaches wannabe cheerleaders in this gym and they try to all talk like crazy and think they're soooo good, but like, I totally keep up with them and honestly, I can talk so fast they don't even know what I'm saying or...haha, can't keep up. It's great. But really tho, I'll stop now. I need to rest my hands.

i thought men were hunters AND gatherers

women evolved into talkers.

maybe its cuz we want to hear something other than farting.

fucking man

Back
Top Bottom