io why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
I was doing a crossword and it called for what state a certain city was in...and it was a four letter word.

I thought....."There must be a million zillion states with 4 lettes."

but the more I thought about it, the more I could only think of UTAH and OHIO

is this all?
and if so

why?

Oh I know this, I remembered all the states in alphabetical order for a song in elementary school. Let me run through them and see!

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkanasas
California
Colorado
Connecticutt
Delware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa

Okay there's another one, IOWA!!

now I'll go on...

Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

There are a total of 3. Some had 5, like Maine and Texas. Some had a four letter word in them, like York or West. But there you go! This was fun! :happy:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
Oh I know this, I remembered all the states in alphabetical order for a song in elementary school. Let me run through them and see!

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkanasas
California
Colorado
Connecticutt
Delware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa

Okay there's another one, IOWA!!

now I'll go on...

Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

There are a total of 3. Some had 5, like Maine and Texas. Some had a four letter word in them, like York or West. But there you go! This was fun! :happy:

Did you have to memorize the capitals too. I can still remember most of them, it's the North/south/West named states that I would get confused.

Yes! But I'm weird, I loved it. I cried for a globe at 5 years old. I collect travel booklets from every state and have been obsessed with liscense plates. I am state crazy! :happy: Damn I'd love to go on a game show with a state and capital category and clean up!

While I know not everyone is so into geography and most people get a few wrong or mixed up I found it disturbing that some kids in high school could not point out Washington, DC on a blank map (we were in Virginia) and couldn't tell Wisconsin from New York. :huh:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
Yes! But I'm weird, I loved it. I cried for a globe at 5 years old. I collect travel booklets from every state and have been obsessed with liscense plates. I am state crazy! :happy: Damn I'd love to go on a game show with a state and capital category and clean up!

While I know not everyone is so into geography and most people get a few wrong or mixed up I found it disturbing that some kids in high school could not point out Washington, DC on a blank map (we were in Virginia) and couldn't tell Wisconsin from New York. :huh:

Hehe Michigan's easy, looks like a hand. (Except that part that is Michigan, but isn't attached to the "hand."

I'm a geography/history buff.

Even sadder was high school kids who couldn't I.D. the U.S. on a blank map. :banghead:

I have no idea how you remember all of them. There are some counties in the UK that I haven't even HEARD of, never mind can remember.

(the ones I haven't heard of are mainly in Scotland. I'm looking at a map now, and can count at least 15 counties in Scotland that I had no idea existed.

I mean - Kirkcudbrightshire? :shrug: lol

Mind you, we don't have to recite counties at school here. All I can remember about geography classes is measuring shop fronts with a trundle wheel and learning about glaciers :reject:

bammo2 said:
I have no idea how you remember all of them. There are some counties in the UK that I haven't even HEARD of, never mind can remember.

(the ones I haven't heard of are mainly in Scotland. I'm looking at a map now, and can count at least 15 counties in Scotland that I had no idea existed.

I mean - Kirkcudbrightshire? :shrug: lol

Mind you, we don't have to recite counties at school here. All I can remember about geography classes is measuring shop fronts with a trundle wheel and learning about glaciers :reject:

Oh maybe you're confused about that, when it says "location" in my profile, it's more a state of mind, than a physical thing. However, I do know a lot about Ireland.

hehe, suppose the jig is up, I'm from the U.S. I do like geography though.

Last edited:
antartica
north America
South America
Europe
Asia
Africa
Australia

(not in any specific order - cuz you all know I do not want to offend the almighty aussies -OR- I saved the best for last :sexywink: )

zoney! said:
antartica
north America
South America
Europe
Asia
Africa
Australia

(not in any specific order - cuz you all know I do not want to offend the almighty aussies -OR- I saved the best for last :sexywink: )

Nice save.

Which is further west, Los Angeles, CA or Lake Tahoe, CA/NV.

How many counties are there in Ireland, including the North?

-----------

"ah f--- it."-A.C.C.

Last edited:
I learned that song too.

'Fifty Nifty U-nited states, from thirteen original col-o-nies... add up to UUU... SSS... AAA!!!

If only someone would offer me a thousand dollars to recite the states from memory. Hell, it could still happen.

Last edited:
thrillme said:

However, I do know a lot about Ireland.

On the radio last week the presenter from here made ppl send in place names for his English presenter friend, she had to try and pronounce them and she couldnt say most of them, we thought this was hilarious.

I don't know why you made me remember that but there you go. :up:

thrillme said:

Oh maybe you're confused about that, when it says "location" in my profile, it's more a state of mind, than a physical thing. However, I do know a lot about Ireland.

hehe, suppose the jig is up, I'm from the U.S. I do like geography though.

Yeah, I presumed you were from the US....

Zoney - if I'm going to be facetious, the continent is called Australasia, not Australia.........:D

As for how many counties in Ireland, is it 32?

zoney! said:

sooooo, there are only SIX continents now? :shifty:

who annexed who?

:D noooo, there are seven continents:

antartica
north America
South America
Europe
Asia
Africa
Australasia

Australia isn't a continent, it's a country :wink:. Australasia is the continent that consists of Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, and a shit load of Pacific Islands

Basstrap said:
is this all?
and if so

why?
since the answer to the first question is "no"
there's no need for the second question

which is a shame I guess
since it is the title of this thread

:hmm:

bammo2 said:

As for how many counties in Ireland, is it 32?

There are 32 counties in the whole of Ireland :up:

6 in the North - Antrim, Armagh, Tyrone, Down, Fermanagh, Derry

Then the other 26 are in the South but I don't know them all because my geography is woeful :D

There are 4 provinces too: Ulster, Munster, Connaught & Leinster.

Back
Top Bottom