IO:What was No.1 the day you were born?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ILuvLarryMullen said:
12/19/82

Renne and Renato - Save Your Love (UK) Never heard of this song

Damn all of you that have good songs *shakes fist*, I LOVE 80s must yet I end up with crap :angry:.

how unfortunate. 'Save your love' by rene and renato is one of the worst songs i've ever heard. then again i got phil collins :mad:

US: the most Beautiful Girl In the World - Charlie Rich :eyebrow:

come to think of it I wonder if Prince has covered?? this song? not possible.. or is it?

UK: Happy Xmas Everybody - Slade :]

25th April 1985

UK: We Are The World - USA For Africa

US: One More Night - Phil Collins

1stepcloser said:

ANOTHER Phil Collins song? god, that guy must have ruled the 80's (with the exception of a certain irish band:wink: )

When I was about 4 my aunt started taking me to a disco with her, I really loved the music. It all started with ABBA's Super Trouper, and my Dad, who is a music freak, would buy all the records I liked and play them for me for hours on end. There's some stuff in my record collection by Phil Collins too. I liked some really embarrssing music :huh:

1stepcloser said:
ANOTHER Phil Collins song? god, that guy must have ruled the 80's (with the exception of a certain irish band:wink: )
yeah. when i think of easy listening in the 80s, i think of phil collins and gloria estefan. there were tons of great radio stations in orlando (there may still be, but i've not listened to them for 10+ years) and one of the ones i listened to most was the easy listening station. phil collins and michael bolton were the kings. :|

although a quick google tells me that station isn't even around anymore. go figure!

March 9th, 1982

US - "Centerfold" - The J. Geils Band
UK - "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" - Tight Fit

September 3, 1972

I have never heard of the songs that was #1 in the US or the UK the day I was born.

When writing this post, I even forgot what they were...lol

Lara Mullen said:

There's some stuff in my record collection by Phil Collins too. I liked some really embarrssing music :huh:

Yeh i've got a really embarrassing CD in my record collection as well. It's called 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' by a band called U2 :ohmy:

joke!:wink:

Bright Eyes - Art Garfunkel
Reunited - Peaches & Herb

*edit

Peaches & Herb?

I didn't know air freshener made music!

*double edit

Peaches & Herb:

most famous for "Shake Your Groove Thing"

mmmmm :drool:

Last edited:
US - Don't get hooked on me - Mac Davis