IO: Virus!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
OK, so I now have a major virus on my computer that my anti-virus program can't detect.

A good friend of mine sent me a file over MSN today, and I trust him, so I accepted it and opened it. It was a .pif file. The second I opened it, it replicated itself and sent copies to everyone on MSN. A few friends of mine then did the same. So I warned everyone else not to download or open the file, it was called "Webcam_05.pif".

So now I can use the internet for about 4 or 5 minutes at a time, before all I get are "Page Not Found" everytime I try to go anywhere. If I try to go to a search engine (for example, www.google.com), the virus adds a www and a .something at the end of it, so it always comes out as something like www.www.google.com.net, which gives me another "Page Not Found" error, and I can't go anywhere else from that point on. I tried to go to the free online virus scan by Trend Micro, and the same thing happens with the added suffix and prefix.

It's so bad that I'm on my mom's laptop rigged into the router to try and find out what this virus is so I can remove it, but none of the virus sites have it. So basically my main home computer is now fucked for the internet, and I have no idea what to do.

Anyone, please, help!! :sad:

anytime i get a virus my computer cant fix, i just do a system restore. hope you get it fixed.

Ok. Doing a restore now on the main computer to yesterday at 1:27 AM. Here's hoping this works. First thing I'm going to try is Google.

Back
Top Bottom