IO -United lost my luggage.... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > It's Official... > It's Official Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-21-2005, 09:56 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict
 
RedRocksU2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Murrieta, CA.
Posts: 26,437
Local Time: 10:40 AM
IO -United lost my luggage....

...those idiots.

....now I gotta buy new underwear.
__________________

RedRocksU2 is offline  
Old 10-21-2005, 11:25 PM   #2
Refugee
 
karmic_postmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Downtown LA
Posts: 1,479
Local Time: 10:40 AM
__________________

karmic_postmark is offline  
Old 10-21-2005, 11:43 PM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life
 
greeneyedgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: RedrockU2's Left Shoulder
Posts: 14,459
Local Time: 11:40 AM
Buy yourself something sexy
greeneyedgirl is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 12:19 AM   #4
War Child
 
MsGiggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 905
Local Time: 03:40 AM
just underwear????
MsGiggles is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 12:22 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
hiphop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the jungle
Posts: 7,410
Local Time: 07:40 PM
shouldnt united buy underwear for you? ask for a stewardess to help you with that.
hiphop is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 01:03 AM   #6
An Angel In Devil's Shoes
 
ABEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 18,844
Local Time: 11:40 AM
i never check my bags. only one carry on for me
ABEL is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 01:27 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Rono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 6,163
Local Time: 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ABEL
i never check my bags. only one carry on for me
I guess you are never from home longer then 5 days or so
Rono is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 01:38 AM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,334
Local Time: 11:40 AM
Is it truly lost, or just misrouted?

they are called flight attendants, not stewardesses.

I could go on and on...but since this isn't really IO material (my post or the thread), I will end it at that.
zoney! is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 03:52 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
hiphop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the jungle
Posts: 7,410
Local Time: 07:40 PM
post no. 5555. yay.

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!
they are called flight attendants, not stewardesses.
I still call them stewardesses
hiphop is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 10:59 AM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,334
Local Time: 11:40 AM
go for it...especially if you like hot coffee in your lap!

zoney! is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 11:10 AM   #11
Neon Zebra
 
beegee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: southern nevada
Posts: 10,604
Local Time: 10:40 AM
beegee is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 11:10 AM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life
 
BonosBaby12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: East Coast girl living in Chi-Town
Posts: 14,889
Local Time: 11:40 AM
Helps any AirTran stranded me at two different airports each time I flew them! Have never had the misfortune though of having my luggage lost. Carry on one and check one and so far it's been going good with that! lol. Hope you are able to recover your luggage somehow.
BonosBaby12 is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 11:55 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
hiphop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the jungle
Posts: 7,410
Local Time: 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!
go for it...especially if you like hot coffee in your lap!



How come flight attendant is more politcally correct than stewardess? Seriously. And anyway, if it is, what do I care?

My stewardess never complained... gorgeous Swissair
hiphop is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 03:11 PM   #14
War Child
 
00Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 707
Local Time: 11:40 AM
last spring i found my luggage, and united had broken the zipper off, and taped the luggage together, claiming i had put a lock on the bag.
00Kevin is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 06:36 PM   #15
Blue Crack Distributor
 
tiny dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: small town Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 94,389
Local Time: 05:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BonosBaby12
Helps any AirTran stranded me at two different airports each time I flew them! Have never had the misfortune though of having my luggage lost. Carry on one and check one and so far it's been going good with that! lol. Hope you are able to recover your luggage somehow. [/QUOTE


Same here BonosBaby12. I hope that it will never happen with me, cause that would really suck.
__________________
Into the heart of a child...
tiny dancer is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 08:33 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life
 
BonosBaby12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: East Coast girl living in Chi-Town
Posts: 14,889
Local Time: 11:40 AM
Could you just imagine who your clothes could end up with? . That's quite disturbing in itself,lol.
BonosBaby12 is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 09:44 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,334
Local Time: 11:40 AM
if this doesn't kill the thread..

Quote:
Originally posted by 00Kevin
last spring i found my luggage, and united had broken the zipper off, and taped the luggage together, claiming i had put a lock on the bag.
You didn't putr a lock on it (that TSA would have had to cut off to search your bag)?

If not, how well was your bag manufactured? Was it a cheap bag?

Luggage is made to protect the contents inside...or it SHOULD be made to protect contents. If your zipper breaks and they have to tape the bag...I would question the manufacturer of the bag.

I would say that 50% of the luggage issues stem from a lack of knowledge from a passenger's standpoint. Airlines are legally obligated to take a claim, BUT, are not always legally obligated to correct the perceived problem.

Remeber...luggage goes through conveyors and when they are in the aircraft, they are stacked with every other piece of every person sitting around you.

So, that guy in 13E that just spent the week fishing in Canada...his "catch of the week" is resting on top of your luggage with your undies (I bet those undies will smell nice when they get home).

The woman in 23D...she is headed to college from Korea, and she did not expect to find Kim Chee near her little college. That Kim Chee has been in her luggage for 26 hours...and the smell is wafting RIGHT into that shirt you purchased for your neighbor...you know the one: "My neighbor went to (insert city here) and all I got was this T-shirt"
Your neighbor will LOVE smelling like Kim Chee.

What I am saying is...STUFF HAPPENS. Relax and be understanding of the situation. DON'T PACK your car keys...your medications that keep you alive...always carry-on a change of clothing.
zoney! is offline  
Old 10-22-2005, 09:47 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,334
Local Time: 11:40 AM
...this will

Quote:
Originally posted by BonosBaby12
Could you just imagine who your clothes could end up with? . That's quite disturbing in itself,lol.
You know what is lame...when passengers do not realize they are picking up someone elses bag...and walk out of the airport. They get home...and OH LOOK...that isn't MY "adult toy".



OR, they claim their luggage wasn't on the carousel...their bag had a pink ribbon on it. Then you pick up the bag, and look at the name on the tag...and remind them that they ARE still (insert passenger's name here).

This happens tow or three times a day.
zoney! is offline  
Old 10-23-2005, 01:18 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
hiphop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the jungle
Posts: 7,410
Local Time: 07:40 PM
Re: if this doesn't kill the thread..

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!


You didn't putr a lock on it (that TSA would have had to cut off to search your bag)?

If not, how well was your bag manufactured? Was it a cheap bag?

Luggage is made to protect the contents inside...or it SHOULD be made to protect contents. If your zipper breaks and they have to tape the bag...I would question the manufacturer of the bag.

I would say that 50% of the luggage issues stem from a lack of knowledge from a passenger's standpoint. Airlines are legally obligated to take a claim, BUT, are not always legally obligated to correct the perceived problem.
Imho you are totally wrong.

I don´t want to go into into details of all the trouble I had with the TSA, but they are incompetent and unfriendly.

You can also believe me that my backpack was a very professional, well manufactured one, without any lock, and it didn´t break. They simply cut it opened and taped it, apparently because they were too lazy to open it regularly. However, its not the TSA that pays repairing in the end (or takes any other responsibility) but the airlines. And the traveller loses time.

I have been travelling for many years, and stuff like that never happened before, so it is not all natural and the passengers fault.

Also, the luggage systems are fucked up, about 20% of the bags are delayed, go on the wrong flights, etc. Few are lost, but it always costs the traveller incredibly much time to get them.

STUFF HAPPENS? Take a change of clothing in your handbag? Thats nice tips, but - first the airlines should be obliged to make their damn transport system work!

Just my 2c.
hiphop is offline  
Old 10-23-2005, 03:53 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,334
Local Time: 11:40 AM
Re: Re: if this doesn't kill the thread......

Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars


Imho you are totally wrong.

I don´t want to go into into details of all the trouble I had with the TSA, but they are incompetent and unfriendly.

You can also believe me that my backpack was a very professional, well manufactured one, without any lock, and it didn´t break. They simply cut it opened and taped it, apparently because they were too lazy to open it regularly. However, its not the TSA that pays repairing in the end (or takes any other responsibility) but the airlines. And the traveller loses time.

I have been travelling for many years, and stuff like that never happened before, so it is not all natural and the passengers fault.

Also, the luggage systems are fucked up, about 20% of the bags are delayed, go on the wrong flights, etc. Few are lost, but it always costs the traveller incredibly much time to get them.

STUFF HAPPENS? Take a change of clothing in your handbag? Thats nice tips, but - first the airlines should be obliged to make their damn transport system work!

Just my 2c.
Don't tell me I am wrong when you say you "you have been travelling for years"...you are obviously CLUELESS and ignorant (still calling them stewardess). Travel has changed a lot of the years. I never said it is ALL the passengers fault. READ WITH CARE BEFORE YOU WRITE.

I spend 45-80 hours a week at airports and/or dealing with passengers.

20%? again...clueless. Maybe in Europe...but in the US, it is more like 5% of all passengers. In August, 339,804 DELAYED luggage reports were filed. 53,890,105 passenger flew. Close to 54Million passengers....less than 340,000 claims. that's a touch above 6%....and with hurricane Katrina thrown in there.

In August 2004, U.S. carriers took less than 5% claims versus passengers. 2005 has seen close to 2million more passengers fly during the month of August.

Again...5% get inconvenienced. I do not have the statistics, but I would say that of the 340,000 claims taken, that 90% to 95% received their luggage within 24 hours of their arrival (most on the next inbound).

Damage and pilferage claims are even fewer.

Again...5%...in other words...stuff happens.

If you want me to outline all the rules about luggage I will. YES, airlines end up having to recover for TSA. I cannot speak for the TSA...but if you were inconvenienced by them, I would believe there must have been a good reason. They are not there to be friendly. They are there to screen passengers. Again...I really cannot speak for your situation.
__________________

zoney! is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×