IO; U might be an alcoholic if?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

antietam

The Fly
so when does one cross the line from being a social drinker to an alcoholic?
U might be an alcoholic if;
you go to AA meetings with a whiskey flask in your back pocket
you go to church for the communion wine
you only date bartenders
your name is Homer Simpson
you reach for your morning scotch instead of morning smoke
you chase brandy with jack daniels
you drink duff beer
you have an empty cup out stretched in the subway while drinking 20/20 mad dog
you think being sober is a new trend like metro-sexuals
you have a spot on the bar floor reserved for you to pass out on at the end of the night
you wake up with your head and vomit in the toliet
you donate blood before you drink to get drunk faster
you skip eating and drink 3 bottles of Ny-Quill a day
you tell people "I'm not as think as you drunk I am"!!!!
I guess if you answered yes to 1/2 these questions, its official, you're an alcoholic

KhanadaRhodes said:
ummm...isn't that a bit offensive? there may be recovering alcoholics on this site.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference, just for today, keep comm'in back it works if you work it sober! Hi my name is Antietam and I'm an alcoholic.

i'll add another one...

you reach for any bottle of alcohol at the first sign of stress caused by asshole exhusband.

Have I ever told you about Roger the bartender?
:drool:

I like this one:
"you donate blood before you drink to get drunk faster"

as I cannot donate blood, I try to stand amongst a swarm of mozzies which has the same effect.

:up:

KhanadaRhodes said:
ummm...isn't that a bit offensive? there may be recovering alcoholics on this site.

the first step ( from the 12 steps ) is "we admitted we were powerless over alcohol and that our lives have become unmanagable" in other words, acceptence and awareness of their problem. there is not one recovering alcoholic who would find this in any way offensive, if you have ever been to a meeting, (which I have been to hundred's of them) the fundamental process of the meetings involves hearing and sharing alcohol related stories and the effects it has beget on one's life. every meeting is filled with stories similiar to what I wrote. if any thing it was a synopsis of a routine meeting. Also the 4th step is "to make a searching and fearless moral inventory" so if anything, if you look ay it the right way, this would of helped someone in recovery do that. according to the AA text once you are an alcoholic you are always an alcoholic, and once you believe that you are not you are on the path for a relapse. talking about past experiences is not a trigger and will not offend anyone, you should re-evalute your premise's if you think so. and coming from someone in recover, I believe that my opinion holds more water and is paramount.

i think alcohol is mentioned, mocked, joked about and adored so much on this forum that no one should really worry.

seriously.

interference is not the place to get sensitive over alcohol.
many drink here, and some even post drunk.

some do it often.

:shifty:

not that *i* would support such a thing!
aherm

yes.

good post.....except for the paramount thing maybe

antietam said:

the first step ( from the 12 steps ) is "we admitted we were powerless over alcohol and that our lives have become unmanagable" in other words, acceptence and awareness of their problem. there is not one recovering alcoholic who would find this in any way offensive, if you have ever been to a meeting, (which I have been to hundred's of them) the fundamental process of the meetings involves hearing and sharing alcohol related stories and the effects it has beget on one's life. every meeting is filled with stories similiar to what I wrote. if any thing it was a synopsis of a routine meeting. Also the 4th step is "to make a searching and fearless moral inventory" so if anything, if you look ay it the right way, this would of helped someone in recovery do that. according to the AA text once you are an alcoholic you are always an alcoholic, and once you believe that you are not you are on the path for a relapse. talking about past experiences is not a trigger and will not offend anyone, you should re-evalute your premise's if you think so. and coming from someone in recover, I believe that my opinion holds more water and is paramount.

:up:

Last edited:
interference is not the place to get sensitive over alcohol.
many drink here, and some even post drunk.

been there. done that. probably doing it again tomorrow
although I am not an alcoholic?
I just get thirsty sometimes

zoney! said:
frank you very much ngela. :up:

Oh, wait, where you talking to me?

YESH? :huh:

there is something so weird happening online tonight.

i demand that tomorrow morning everyone return to themselves

i see a bc :drool:

what

Angela Harlem said:

there is something so weird happening online tonight.

i demand that tomorrow morning everyone return to themselves

i see a bc :drool:

what

Then I'd have to go to being a half-baked jerk!
you don't want that do you?
I can be much more controversial, belligerent and combative than I have displayed!! just check my school files.

I have left out one of my favorite dispositions;

you are an alcoholic if you use "Bailey's" as a creamer in your coffee every morning.

coffee: "makes one wise with half shut eyes"

Back
Top Bottom