IO: This storm was anticlimactic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cdisantis83

Refugee
Yesterday morning, the local weather people here in Toledo were predicting 14 inches of snow, and in general acting as though the horsemen of the apocalypse were riding into town. Well, it snowed roughly 3 or 4 inches, and the whole city has shut down. I'm initially from Cleveland; there, this kind of snow is quite typical. I have a hard time understanding why Toledo over-reacts so consistently to snow of any kind. I suppose that I am finished rambling now.

Everyone at my branch but me and the supervisor got at least one snow day. Most of them got two. :angry:

2 snow days in a row for me:drool:

I work for a private schooland we never close! But 32 inches of snow and -35 below zero is reason enough.......vermont:heart:

I argee wtih lvoe_2u_aadm

love_u2_adam said:
omg i think the Easterners need to grow some balls:angry:

we have sooo much snow here and it's been about -40 and i've never had a snow day..and i never will

I deleted your wink....it is not needed.

They DOOOO need to grow some balls! I absolulety agree with you.

SUCK IT UP, PEOPLE!!!!! :angry:

We had three inches on Tuesday afternoon into Tuesday night which was followed by freezing rain that packed the snow and caused serious ice problems. Everywhere shut down. That includes I-78 to Allentown, which literally shut down for 36 hours with a bunch of people trapped on the road. Half of the roads I drove on today were not cleared still.

I think in the eastern US it's just a matter of slow reaction time. The I-78 disaster was due to the fact that they didn't give anyone a chance to get off the road. They still haven't plowed or salted half of the roads. It's just a mess.

We got an early dismissal Tues., snow day Wed., delayed opening today. We're off now for four days for Presidents' Day. Pretty nice week, in summary.

phillyfan26 said:

I think in the eastern US it's just a matter of slow reaction time.

I think that you are right. I've been in Toledo for the better part of six years, and I have found that the city's snow response is terrible compared to that of Cleveland.

ohmygod you americans are never happy!!!111
first it's too hot in summer. then you get 3 inches of snow in winter and your country stops functioning! OH NO! SNOW!
:homerpatronisingdance:

:angry:

tonight we got 2 flashes of lightning and one clap of thunder. THAT is it! what summer storm, bureau of meteorology? i MISSED IT!

snow. *mutter* what is snow. pffft. resembles the stuff i put in my drinks to make them cold. something in this godforsaken oven of a country has to be COLD!
:madwife:

I want snow.. :scream:

It's as hot as the summer where I'm, I still wear short sleeves this time of the year! I can't believe it, we already got a hot Christmas, a hot New Year, and now a hot Chinese New Year?

What should I do with my coat? :mad:

careful, no one listens to me!

Angela Harlem said:
and now i am talking like zoney. thanks a lot, guys!
:sad:

My heart just went Pitter.

and Pat! But I am not fond of her, so we will keep it at just pitter!

:heart: <--- pittering, not pat-ing

Back
Top Bottom