IO: This is the first tour in a decade I most likely won't see at all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feel your pain. :mad:

Sinlge Finger Salute to fucking Ticketbastard!!!!!! \ n||nn

Last edited:
Bill_Cosby.jpg

ya seeee me and my wife camieeeeeeele love to eat the salty brain flavored jell-o puddin' pop... hehh hehh hehh

I went to a grocery store early this morning with another person from this board to buy tickets. He and I were the first two people to get there. We were told at 9:30 they would hold a lottery for line placement. By the time 9:30 came around, more people showed up. The manager had us wait outside and line up. He told us what he was about to do was all ticketmaster. My friend and I lined up at the front of the line, the manager had us rip the ticket off which contained our number. He said whatever number is called, he would ask for that person and the people behind him to move to the front of the line, and those who were in line at the front would have to go to the back. Right then and there my friend and I knew we were fucked. The manager picked a random customer to call out the number. The number was called and it was a for a person who just arrived. :mad: She and her group moved ahead of the line and we had to go to the back. :down:

My friend gave up and went home. I opted to stand in line. By the time I made it to the counter to buy tickets the machine was telling the guy that tickets were sold out. I told him I wanted 2 GA's but if 2 lower levels or hell even one lower level or one GA was available I would take it. He let the system refresh until tickets became available. I passed on 2 sets of tickets that were in the nosebleeds and those were given to fans who were desperate for any ticket. The manager told me, I would get first dibs on any GA or lower level seats, if I waited. Finally 2 lower level came up and I got them.

I am not sure if it was really Ticketmaster's policy to have a lottery system that does not do a damn thing for those who got there early. The other thing that I found odd was that you would not know where the seats were until you paid for the tickets and the tickets were printed off. So you had to tell the person opertaing the Ticketmaster machine what price range you were looking for. I guess that is sorta the same as the online system but I think it is lame.

I am happy I ended up with tickets.

Last edited:
I got a GA for Atlanta in the presale. I've been a fan for 22 years, saw the Conspiracy for Hope, then JT, then missed both ZooTV and Popmart and saw two Elevations. I am lucky as hell.

Back
Top Bottom