IO: These are Actual Scholarships

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lynnok

Rock n' Roll Doggie
These are real scholarships, So if you're a left handed Klingon speaking bagpiping nudist you're in luck.

Carnegie Mellon University Bagpipe Scholarship-- This scholarship isn't very competitive, as there's only one college bagpipe major in the entire United States.

The Klingon Language Institute's Kor Memorial Scholarship-- For those of you not familiar with Star Trek, Klingons are those big furry creatures, and fans constructed an actual Klingon language. This scholarship goes to creative language scholars. Fluency in Klingon is not required.

Starfleet Academy Scholarships-- These $500 scholarships are for members of the "Starfleet Academy," an organization modelled after the fictitious Star Trek academy. This Starfleet Academy 'trains" people in the art of Star Trek trivia. Awards include the Gene Roddenberry Memorial Scholarship for Aspiring Writers and the DeForest Kelley/Dr. Leonard McCoy Medical Scholarship.

Scholarship for Left-Handed Students-- Yep, left-handedness is the only stipulation. Oh, and you have to be a student at Juniata College in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania. One wonders if anyone's ever tried to fake left-handedness to win.

Duct Brand Duct Tape Stuck at Prom Scholarship Contest-- To enter, you and a date must attend your prom dressed entirely in duct tape.

American Nudist Research Library Scholarship -- A scholarship for young nudists. This one sounds less painful than the duct tape scholarship.

Tall Clubs International Student Scholarship. For female students who are at least 5'10" and male students who are at least 6'2". I wonder if they measure their applicants?

Chick and Sophie Major Memorial Duck Calling Contest Scholarship. if you know how to call ducks, get yourself down to Stuttgart, Arkansas to register. First prize is $1500!

Michigan Llama Association Scholarship-- If your parents are part of this organization, you're in luck.

They never told me about the American Nudist Research Library Scholarship when I was in library school .... :huh:

... probably because I would have had to be nude to apply. :eek:

I also am an inch or two short of the Tall Clubs Scholarship. And even though I live in Michigan, my parents don't own llamas.

Good thing I already have my degrees. :wink:

Last edited:
lynnok said:
Starfleet Academy Scholarships-- These $500 scholarships are for members of the "Starfleet Academy," an organization modelled after the fictitious Star Trek academy. This Starfleet Academy 'trains" people in the art of Star Trek trivia. Awards include the Gene Roddenberry Memorial Scholarship for Aspiring Writers and the DeForest Kelley/Dr. Leonard McCoy Medical Scholarship.

Thank you. :bow:

Duct Brand Duct Tape Stuck at Prom Scholarship Contest-- To enter, you and a date must attend your prom dressed entirely in duct tape.

Tall Clubs International Student Scholarship. For female students who are at least 5'10" and male students who are at least 6'2". I wonder if they measure their applicants?

I almost went for both of these. The first one I decided not to because you would NOT believe how many people do it. www.stuckatprom.com <--- AMAZING!

The latter one, I wanted to apply for because I'm 5'10" but you have to register with the Tall Clubs of America in your state and I have no idea where the one for mine is. :shrug:

LikeNoOneBefore said:

I almost went for both of these. The first one I decided not to because you would NOT believe how many people do it. www.stuckatprom.com <--- AMAZING!

The latter one, I wanted to apply for because I'm 5'10" but you have to register with the Tall Clubs of America in your state and I have no idea where the one for mine is. :shrug:

A friend of mine's doing the duct tape thing this year. It's going to be intense.

I wish you'd posted this a few years ago. I'm a 7'5" left-handed Klingon nudist bagpipe-playing llama owner who wore duct tape to my high school prom, and my dumb ass had to go and earn my degree the hard way!

:wink:

JessicaAnn said:
Not to derail the thread by lynnok ... I am mesmerized by the Louboutins in your avatar.

Thank you ... you may now carry on.

They ARE spectacular aren't they? And even better, they are MINE!

To go back on topic, they would make even a duct tape prom dress look good!

The some of the duct tape outfits do turn out looking pretty badass. Too bad that's like 7%.

Back
Top Bottom