IO #there's a zoo nesting in my car

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joyfulgirl

Blue Crack Addict
I took my car in this week to have the A/C checked out--it was making a horrific noise. They told me the A/C motor was dying, they ordered a new one. I asked why this was happening at 21,000 miles. Oh, things can break any time, they said. The motor came in and when they went to install it, they discovered a nest, nuts, berries, apricots, leaves--in other words, evidence of critters nesting in my car. The motor is fine, but this just means that cleaning out the critters isn't covered under my warranty. :mad:

Shouldn't this be happening to martha instead of me? :|

I picked up my car yesterday--they cleaned it out to the tune of $280 (which also included 21K service). Not covered under warranty, of course. The worst part is that they sprayed Lysol (yes, that's right, the Lysol household product that contains the same dioxins found in Agent Orange) into the A/C where the nest had been. I explained to the General Manager why this was unacceptable and though he was kind of an asshole, I got a 15% discount and free oil change which seem like inadequate compensation, but I really don't know what else I can do. The service person said "Well, you car smells clean and fresh to me." I said, "Well, to me it smells like poison, because that exactly what it is." :scream: :angry:

My Dad took his yucky old van in for service last summer and there was a huge Woodchuck living under the hood. It took the service guys about 2 hours to get him to leave. :lol: Finally he just lumbered away, probably to find another van to live in. :laugh:

kobi - yeah, I remember that episode! Only my car is new. :( And now my closest friend who has environmental illness won't be able to ride in it for at least 6 months.

LM - a woodchuck! OMG, that is too funny. How does a big woodchuck fit under the hood of van?! I mean, there's lots of stuff under a hood.

Back
Top Bottom