IO: the strangest musical composition of all time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

antietam

The Fly
has anyone heard of john cages 4:33 of silience?
he is a british conductor i think?
is this the biggest con of all time?
to hear it just stare at the screen for 4:33, the orchestra just sits there and they do nothing?

end of 4:33.....touching wasn't it!

The fun thing about it is you can only compose a piece like that once. If you compose other pieces in the same length, they sound the same.

Do they?

:eyebrow:

i have a random story on the sound of silence. it got an 'hello australia' award on my local radio station. who wants to hear it?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i took a music appreciation class in college... the prof made us listen to, i shit you not, a CD recording of this ... i was like "uh... what?:scratch:" yea that's real great... 4 1/2 minutes of random coughing... BRILLIANT!

Wouldn't that make you appreciate other music?

Haha :shifty:
It wont be funny now, be warned, the mood is gone...But anyways, this girl rang and said her and her mum were arguing over what got played in the car on radio and tape etc and finally the mum got cranky and tried to turn the volume dial right down til it clicked to 'off'. However she pulled the dial off completely, breaking it. Glaring at her daughter as music blasted through the speakers, she found a blank tape and put it in. It was to become known as The Loudest Silence they Ever Heard.

It had me :lmao: as it is something I would do. Nothing like loud silence static...:shifty:

Back
Top Bottom