IO... The Retirement of a Sausage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
MILWAUKEE -- Wisconsin's most famous sausage has decided to retire, but she'll always relish the memories.

Mandy Block, the woman in the Italian sausage costume hit with a bat by Pittsburgh Pirates first baseman Randall Simon last July, won't be in the Milwaukee Brewers' sausage races this summer.

She has decided to retire from competitive sausage racing at Miller Park to take psychology classes at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

"It's too bad," Block told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "It kind of ended with a bang, though."

Block received attention after Simon hit her over the head with his bat as she passed by the visitors' dugout. Veronica Chandler, the hot dog who tripped over Block's fallen sausage, never ran again.

The whacking was broadcast worldwide, but Block brushed aside the controversy, accepting Simon's apology and declaring herself "just a sausage."

Simon was handcuffed by Milwaukee County sheriff's deputies after the game, taken to a police station and fined $432 for disorderly conduct. Major League Baseball suspended him for three days.

Simon sent Block an autographed bat and apologized several times. When he returned to Miller Park later in the season, as a Chicago Cub, he bought a section of fans Italian sausages.

The Curacao Tourism Board offered their own apology, an all expenses-paid trip for Block and Chandler. Simon is from the small Caribbean island.

Block also was recognized by the National Hot Dog & Sausage Council with a certificate of bravery.

"I'm proud of it," Block said. "I didn't even know there was a hot dog council."
2003_7_sausageinc.jpg

11sausage4.jpg

i thought this was going to be about the removal of those obnoxious oscar meyer commercials that my tv keeps playing when i try to watch things.

i knew that this thread was going to be about her

Block also was recognized by the National Hot Dog & Sausage Council with a certificate of bravery.

:lmao:

for some reason the image of (what i think are) the brat and hot dog turning around in those costumes trying to see what happened makes me lmao.

:laugh:

she was an awfully good sport about the whole thing. :wink:

I guess the bat weilding ball player is from the Carribean island of Curacao. The country invited the italian sausage and the hot dog injured in the melee for an all-expenses paid trip to visit teh country and how nice the people really are.

Back
Top Bottom