IO: Stupid Discussions We've Had Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LikeNoOneBefore

Refugee
So today, my lunch table and I talked about how time travel is not in the future because there aren't people from the future walking around now, and if they came to the year 2007, the new addition of mass to the quantity of the Earth's would cause them to vaporize since Earth cannot hold any more mass than it already has. Oh yeah, and then my friend joked that maybe there are time travel police, and then we said that every year has a huge wall so that you have to show the police your passport, making it impossible to hop the border.

...:shifty:

No, we weren't serious at all. We're not THAT stupid. :lol:

So what's the stupidest thing you've talked about today? There has to be something!

Please take in consideration that this conversation was in spanish (lost in translation):

My Boss said: You should "match" with Janeth for this job

I said: I can´t I´m heterosexual :lmao: That was really stupid but we did laugh a lot

WARNING: Boring Insurance Agent Content (Hey- you asked for it!)

The stupidest conversation I heard today was between another agent and a client who just wasn't 'getting it'. Mrs. Insured had an incident with another vehicle in a parking lot - a month ago. (That's the 1st problem - she's driven other places in the last 30 days.) Mrs. Insured insisted (!) she wasn't in the wrong. Says she demanded the insurance info from the young girl that hit her & they examined their vehicles, but found no damage. (2nd problem - insured admits no damage at scene.)
Well now, 3-4 weeks since the incident occurred Mr. Insured has found an a tiny dent (Mrs. Insured's own words) on her BMW, not where the young girl hit her car but 'near' where she hit it. (3rd problem - found damage isn't even in area where impact occurred, by insured's own admission.)
Now the kicker is what Mrs. Insured wanted my co-worker to do. She actually asked if our office would call the police station and ask them to come by her home to take a report of the accident. (4th, 5th & 6th problems right there: Cops don't make house calls, they don't write reports for parking lot accidents, & even if they did how are they supposed to write an unbiased report for an auto accident that they never even inspected?!?!?!
:coocoo:

To top it all off, the insured had a deductible much higher than what any reasonable repair estimate should be, based on the Mrs. Insured's descriptions.

It took my poor co-worker about 20 minutes to explain to this woman that she'd probably be best to just pay out what little bit of damages she has out of pocket. :der:

Sometimes all you can do is shake your head and laugh. :shrug:

BluRmGrl said:
WARNING: Boring Insurance Agent Content (Hey- you asked for it!)

The stupidest conversation I heard today was between another agent and a client who just wasn't 'getting it'. Mrs. Insured had an incident with another vehicle in a parking lot - a month ago. (That's the 1st problem - she's driven other places in the last 30 days.) Mrs. Insured insisted (!) she wasn't in the wrong. Says she demanded the insurance info from the young girl that hit her & they examined their vehicles, but found no damage. (2nd problem - insured admits no damage at scene.)
Well now, 3-4 weeks since the incident occurred Mr. Insured has found an a tiny dent (Mrs. Insured's own words) on her BMW, not where the young girl hit her car but 'near' where she hit it. (3rd problem - found damage isn't even in area where impact occurred, by insured's own admission.)
Now the kicker is what Mrs. Insured wanted my co-worker to do. She actually asked if our office would call the police station and ask them to come by her home to take a report of the accident. (4th, 5th & 6th problems right there: Cops don't make house calls, they don't write reports for parking lot accidents, & even if they did how are they supposed to write an unbiased report for an auto accident that they never even inspected?!?!?!
:coocoo:

To top it all off, the insured had a deductible much higher than what any reasonable repair estimate should be, based on the Mrs. Insured's descriptions.

It took my poor co-worker about 20 minutes to explain to this woman that she'd probably be best to just pay out what little bit of damages she has out of pocket. :der:

Sometimes all you can do is shake your head and laugh. :shrug:

Greed!

I covered nearly 250 miles today; made two generous settlement offers to resolve minor injury claims and failed....

People are Greedy! I can't wait until they REALLY GET HURT! :lol:

Mr. BAW said:
Greed!
I covered nearly 250 miles today; made two generous settlement offers to resolve minor injury claims and failed....
People are Greedy! I can't wait until they REALLY GET HURT! :lol:
:evil: :love:

I wondered how long it would take for my sexy insurance-speak got your attention. :flirt: And you're right about the greed - a great majority of people think you're supposed to reap some huge bankroll from a claim. Although, I have to say that BI claims are a bitch - possible 'minor' injuries for me might be more substantial for you. But then again, I'm a young chick & you're an old guy. :silent:

:lmao: :kiss:

Back
Top Bottom