IO: She's so hardcore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~LadyLemon~

I Serve Larry's Stick
For those of you who aren't in the know, I'm a library beeyotch. And tonight, I checked out the Beastie Boys Anthology to an Amish girl.

Just savor that thought for a moment.

She's got to be the coolest Amish chick ever.

amish teens go through a period of freedom from their community when they turn sixteen. they are encouraged to experiment. i think this period lasts about five years or so, and then they are supposed to choose whether they will stay within the amish community or join the outside world. if they choose to stay outside, they will be shunned by their families.

do they know how to party or what? :rockon:

this period is called rumspringa. pennsylvania dutch for "running around."

maybe that's what this chick was doing. you should ask her.

and i only know all this cuz i'm a library beeyotch too, and i checked out the documentary. :shh:

RUMSPRINGA!!

3436%3A%3B8%3B23232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3B74%3D4%3B9%3DXROQDF%3E2323835%3B55372ot1lsi

So wait. They're allowed to experiment and they're allowed to choose yet if they choose not to come back they are shunned for it? That sucks.

I think Amish chick rocks though! :yes:

K I've got a stupid question...

I understand that she is indeed probably doing her Rumspringa thing. But how exactly is she going to go home and listen to that CD Anthology? Does her horse drawn carraige have a hand made wooden CD player deck in it? :der:

Cleasai said:
K I've got a stupid question...

I understand that she is indeed probably doing her Rumspringa thing. But how exactly is she going to go home and listen to that CD Anthology? Does her horse drawn carraige have a hand made wooden CD player deck in it? :der:

A lot of the teenaged girls (such as herself) babysit non-amish folk, and they will often bring in the kids for videos, cds and books. I think they probably listen to them when they aren't at home (obviously).

P.S. BeeGee...I've seen the documentary as well. Interesting stuff. My friends and I call it "Amish Gone Wild".

Who remember the tv reality show that was called Amish in the City or something like that? It was on a few years ago and followed Amish teens on their Rumspringa.

I was addicted to the show.

Rumspringa ? sounds like a venerial disease

"I was hanging out w/ this guy/girl and now I'm real itchy. Doc told me I caught Rumspringa"

trish0860 said:
So wait. They're allowed to experiment and they're allowed to choose yet if they choose not to come back they are shunned for it? That sucks.

that reminds me of some holy instruction manual...:wink: free will and all

I am ALL about rumspringa

Hey.

I lie in Pennsylvania Dutch Country...what is this VD I am supposed to look out for?

I've seen Devil's Playground. It was disturbing at times, especially the one who was dealing meth.... I think it was meth, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom