IO: send in the clowns......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoney!

ONE love, blood, life
background: the circus came to St. Paul this past weekend - DURING one of the shows, something happened and one of the performers died.

ok...this is a bit disturbing...but as I read this article, I broke out into a full roaring laughter at the bolded part of the story (see below).

I have coupled it with some of the other pertinent paragraphs surrounding the article so you guys get the full picture.....

Espa?a was performing one of her specialities, twirling near the top of a long piece of chiffon hanging from a metal bar, when witnesses said it appeared that a coupling on the apparatus gave way.

A performer on an adjacent piece of equipment was not injured, said Alexis Copeland, spokeswoman for the circus. Espa?a, whose husband is also a performer in the circus, was taken to Regions Hospital in St. Paul about 12 minutes after she fell.

Witnesses said clowns were sent out to divert the audience's attention, especially the children's.

"She landed flat on her belly," said Louise Kress of Golden Valley, an audience member. "It all happened too quickly. She had no time to even put her hand out to break the fall."

The 2?-hour show continued as medical personnel and circus officials worked on Espa?a, who has spent most of her life with the circus and comes from a family of Bulgarian performers. She specialized in high-risk maneuvers.

The friggin clowns were sent in to ivert attention.

Someone please tell me that wouldn't be the scariest scene ever (a mangled trapeze artist lying their for dead while a clown car comes out to continue on with the show)!!!!

clowns are freaky. i think all the children in that audience will agree with me, and now sadly grow up with an irrational fear of face paint. :(

it's like that song that conjures images of psycho clowns with knives on a carousel. :uhoh:

that really is terrible though - how traumatic.

I thought this was gonna be about Stephen Sondheim

:angry:

But in fact, it is even better then Stephen Sondheim ...

:drool:
:lol:

That's what always happens with circus tragedies. :up:

The irony of the Send in the Clowns lyrics ...

One who can't move
Where are the clowns?
Send in the clowns.

you know how i feel about clowns....:|

but still...um "She had no time to even put her hand out to break the fall."....I really don't think that mattered. Dumbass.

does anyone laugh at clowns? except zonEE when they are mentioned in articles describing diverting attention?
clowns are stupid.

the poor circus folk though.
sad.

Back
Top Bottom