io: ringu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
is it bad that i bought myself a ring for christmas? i wanna know cuz my mom's acting weird ever since i ordered it.

B00007G8YZ.01-A340ZZ35G7KVWK.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Pretty! :up:

What's wrong with buying a ring for yourself? People buy stuff for themselves all the time. :shrug:

I have this one absolutely gorgeous ring...it was my grandma's, and it was given to me after she died. I had put it away cuz I felt bad wearing it, but I took it out to wear to work the other day...and I got so many compliments on it. :heart: I love it when people compliment my grandma's jewelry. I've got quite a few of her pieces.

i don't think it's weird. I bought myself a ring before, not as nice as that one, but it's not the only jewelry i've bought myself.

Angela Harlem said:
is that white gold?
:drool:

your mum might be jealous :wink:
:lmao: yes it is. i just wanna get something with my birthstone cuz the only thing i have is my high school ring and i don't wear that anymore. i mean, it's only $200.

she's got a really pretty engagement ring with a huge diamond so i'm not sure if she's jealous or what. :laugh: but she said she was wanting to get me something like that for my birthday since i'll be 21. i told her she could get me an ice cream maker or something instead. but then she hinted that someone may get it for me for christmas, so i told her that if i get a full time job, i'll probably get a new car come summer. she could like make the first monthly payment for me.

she said that sounded good so maybe she'll stop bugging me about it, at least until it arrives monday or tuesday.

khan that is a gorgeous ring. i have to confess this is the 3rd time i opened this thread and each time i just sit here staring at it....
:coocoo:

i might have been a frustrated jeweller in another past life.

:hmm:

Is your birthday in August? It's so hard to find a pretty stone and setting for august. You almost never see peridot in white gold. I finally found a beautiful ring last year. When you see a good one you have to buy it.
ps I wanted to major in gemology but my parents talked me out of it. grrr.

WildHoneyAlways said:
Is your birthday in August? It's so hard to find a pretty stone and setting for august. You almost never see peridot in white gold. I finally found a beautiful ring last year. When you see a good one you have to buy it.
ps I wanted to major in gemology but my parents talked me out of it. grrr.
exactly! my birthday is in august and it is super hard to find peridots in white gold! i was browsing through the jewelry section at amazon.com and i saw a claddagh ring with a peridot in it, and i was all stoked till i saw it was yellow gold. eww. i just don't like yellow gold and i also found out my husband must be allergic to it! :crack:

i'm sorry your parents talked you out of majoring in gemology though. that sounds interesting. :D

oh, and thanks angie. :D i am very pleased with my purchase and i can't wait till it gets here.

is it bad that i bought myself a ring for christmas?

Hey, back when I used to buy Christmas gifts I had a strict shopping policy: one for them, two for me. :up:

I just bought myself two rings. The stores had everything marked off 70%, so I got a little sapphire ring, and a cubic zirconium ring, both for only $120. I also got my mother some nice little sapphire earrings, included in the $120 price. Nice bargain.

Back
Top Bottom