io: reading yahoo message boards...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
...turns me into a misanthropist. If the masses really are this retarded, then I want nothing to do with them. "An ivory tower intellectual"? I would rather be one of those than a hick out of Harmony Korine's "Gummo."

Part of me is inclined to say that these people are just looking to cause trouble, but, perhaps, this is what people really feel, when uninhibited by social political correctness. I've had my fill of the bickering that goes on in this world; trying to teach people respect for difference is an impossible task. Christians will go on hating everyone that isn't them; Muslims likewise. Gays, straights, whites, blacks, men, women...we all hate each other, and I've had it. I could do the liberal thing and try and culturally understand all these fucking bigots, but you know what? I won't. They all deserve a fate worse than death. And where is religion in all this--the supposed purveyor of "love"? Fueling all the hate. Not that any of this should shock anyone.

I don't think we can last like this. I almost feel like we're at the breaking point before the collapse of the Roman Empire--the moment in time where the bubble of civilization collapses under the weight of a world of boorish barbarians. Trying to educate what is little more than a species of advanced animal is an impossible task, like trying to train a dog to do tricks, when, what it really wants to do, is attack things.

I'm rambling, but it's kind of disconcerting when you lose faith in your supposed fellow mankind.

Melon

Ok.. melon you get the PRIZE today for mentioning Gummo. :lol: :crack:

*wonders what Korine has been up to since the donkey-boy movie*

gah, i need to get a dictionary. maybe this belongs in zc...but my vocabulary isn't very extensive. it's not my fault though, my english teachers in school never taught vocabulary. so i've had to learn things as i go along. it's kind of embarrassing, to be talking to your husband and have to ask him what something means. :eek:

but anyway, i know what you mean, melon.

17_07.jpg

melon.
I was going to try to reply to what you said about bigotry with the typical "but there's usually a reason for people having the prejudices they have" response. However, then I realised I'd just feel like I'm defending bigotry. So instead I'll just say that I can relate to the feeling of having lost faith in humankind, and leave it at that.

Fizz

Back
Top Bottom