IO: Random Interference Moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Ever have an 'Interland moment' in RL, when something or someone compeltely reminds you of Interference? Or ever expose a strange unknown fact that you learned here and people ask you where you found that out? (I.e. I screwed up with my Coldplay ticket dates and had to explain to the people going with me. I was like, 'Yeah, Zoney and Velvetdress are going on the 6th, and Zoney mentioned it to me.." Well, I actually didn't SAY that outloud, I stopped myself in time but managed to mumble off something about a friend mentioning the real date of the show).

Or some co-workers got into a discussion abotu Australia and I was like, 'I know people there!' or I saw a road sign that said "South Toronto" but actually mistook it for South Dakota. Yeesh.

So, considering I've never met any of you guys, it always feels a bit strange to say, 'oh yeah. My friend in *soandso,* or "hey! I know someone who's a vet!" or 'newfies are strange, aren't they?"

Random interference moments.

Sorry. Anyone else have these? How do you deal with it?

you mean something like this:

I went and saw "Finding Nemo" last night, and when the Austrailian Turtles called everyone "Dude" in the movie I thought about diamond :tsk: :banghead:

:shrug:

my lit teacher was trying to set up some audio visual thing and he said "i think there's some interference going on" and the first thing that came to mind was the crack. :crack:

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
:lmao: Exactly.

Or, every time someone says "I'm bored" I think ABEL. Actually, I think, 'Oh ABEL' but that's another story

:lmao:

and every time I see a turtle, I think of yertle :wink:

Happenings in my real life remind me of Interference and Interferencers daily :yes:

most times i go shopping at the stores, and i see the smirnoffs...i think of how bg and i toasted in vegas.

when i see a cat, i think of sicy, how she loves cats.

if i see a picture of a lemur or penguin, i think of meggy.

when i hear duran2, i think of khankhan.

when i correct a misspelled word, i think of salvador.

when i see balls in a toystore...i laugh and think of salome.

when i see a ballet on pbs, i think of sweetest thing's avatar.

when i eat a cookie, i think of lilly.

when i see daisy playing with her barbies, i think of BC.

my whole life is one big reminder of interland:crack:

icelle said:
most times i go shopping at the stores, and i see the smirnoffs...i think of how bg and i toasted in vegas.

what smirnoffs?
i love being thought of as the smirnoff addict.

:rolleyes:

*hides three empty bottles behind monitor*

i think of you guys all the time :hug:

and of course lemon drops remind me of sicy...even if it's the candy and not the drink, I still think of sicy :lol:

bonosgirl84 said:

what smirnoffs?
i love being thought of as the smirnoff addict.

:rolleyes:

*hides three empty bottles behind monitor*

i think of you guys all the time :hug:

bg:heart::hug:

ah yes smirnoff's...I'll never think of smirnoff's the same since Vegas :lol:

icelle said:
when i eat a cookie, i think of lilly.

when i eat cookies i think of you and sicy :hug:

it's hard cos you say "oh i know someone from (insert odd place like newfoundland or australia here)" and people go: how do you know them?

then it turns into a huge nerdfest. :mad:

LOL I know.. its hard to talk to real life people about forum people .. they just think you're :coocoo:

sometimes, but I keep it low key

I have a reputation to maintain!!!!!!

:sexywink:

Heh. Yesterday at work was the last day for one of the security guys. He's a U2 fan, and I convinced him to start bringing in some U2 to play after the store closes (we're usually stuck on the standard music mix thing). So every now and then after the store closes he'll put on a Best Of or his own U2 mix while we're working. :up:

Since yesterday was his last day, for the last 2 hours before the store closed he switched off the regular music mix and played all U2. So while I'm listening to The Unforgettable Fire - the entire album start to finish - playing at Ikea during regular store hours (how kickass is that? :up: ) I think to myself "it would be cool if Sicy or another bay area interferencer were here to experience this." :D

Lilly said:

it's hard cos you say "oh i know someone from (insert odd place like newfoundland or australia here)" and people go: how do you know them?

then it turns into a huge nerdfest. :mad:

I know....people look at you a little strangely when you mention your 'internet friends.' And I guess we don't *really* know them..but...we do. :sigh:

Sicy said:
its hard to talk to real life people about forum people

i really only feel weird about it when i talk to my co-workers, because they're such stuffy types. but everywhere else, i just chat away...at a roulette table once, i blurted out. "oh! i forgot to place the ouizy bet!"

and i talk about icelle all the time. i don't even think of her as a forum person. i just call her, "my friend icelle." sicy, too. i'm actually quite proud to belong to this wonderful community of U2 fans.

bonosgirl84 said:

i really only feel weird about it when i talk to my co-workers, because they're such stuffy types. but everywhere else, i just chat away...at a roulette table once, i blurted out. "oh! i forgot to place the ouizy bet!"

and i talk about icelle all the time. i don't even think of her as a forum person. i just call her, "my friend icelle." sicy, too. i'm actually quite proud to belong to this wonderful community of U2 fans.

:applaud: :hug:

i think my mom knows everyone who i talk about on here lol...daisy's always asking me about bg, zoey, or sicy too. everytime she sees there name she tells me to say hello:cute:

U2 at IKEA would be a dream! Very cool Diemen.

Um, I just right off all of these experiences to spending WAY too much time on Blue Crack. It is even worse because I don't know too many people in my new town, so I am constantly thinking of blue crack moments.

I just saw a cat when I did a U-turn in the driveway of this store, it was rolling around in the stones in the driveway - this got me to thinking of IO and ABEL.

Maybe we should call IO the litter box.

*BOOMCHAA!* said:
When I hear loud explosions....I think of myself...BOOOM!!!

everytime i hear "no sorry wrong" i think of *BOOMCHAA!*

icelle said:
when i hear duran2, i think of khankhan.
:applaud:

my best friend came over the other day, and she told me she'd heard a couple duran duran songs. there's that whole if you ask people what song, you're afraid you sound weird. and regardless, she never seems to know song titles anyway. :der: (her and i got into this huge debate in 99 or 00 when she was so sure "name" by the goo goo dolls was a new song!)

every time I see a bear, or hear something about radiohead I think of deathbear

Back
Top Bottom