IO: Paragliding!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JanuaryStar

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Ok, so today, I was supposed to watch my cousins go up in the air with paragliding, but I also ended up doing it!! :ohmy: :hyper:

At first I was like, no WAY I'm doing that!! But seriously, it turned out to be soooo much fun... We were so high up in the sky, I could see cities and the people below looked like really tiny spots on the ground...

I wanna go again, I wanna go again... :drool:

I'm afraid of heights, normally, but with paragliding, it doesn't seem to bother you at all!!!

To give you an indication of what paragliding is, here's some pictures:

PARAGLIDE.jpg

paraglide-air.jpg

Of course, I wasn't up in the sky all by myself, I was with my cousin!!

Pictures from me in the sky will be added later on... :sexywink:

For people who have never done paragliding before, you should try it, it's serious fun!! :happy:

Last edited:
That sounds gezelig! :D

I admire your bravery, I could never do that. :up:

Way to go! :applaud: Im terrified of heights too but I really don't think I could ever be brave enough to try paragliding :no: Must confess it looks like a hell of a lot of fun though! :hyper:

Can't wait to see your pictures :sexywink:

Well, the fun thing about paragliding is, you start on the ground, the wind (and a cable) pull you up in the air, and then you float around in circles, so really, fear of heights is not even an option to think about :)

Adrball, good luck with the parachuting!!! I'm sure you'll do fine :yes:

Thanks for all the comments on the bravery, hehe... :wink:

Since you described it like that than maybe I will stop being chicken and give it a try,lol. Can imagine that the view is pretty amazing up there.

Oh and Ardball good luck with your parachuting! Be sure to get pictures :wink:

Ok I did that one thing years ago at Great America where they hoist you up by your stomach with a cord and then they drop you and you free fall for a bit then swing back and forth.. that scared the :bleep: outta me.. I cant even imagine being that high up :barf:

Sicy said:
Ok I did that one thing years ago at Great America where they hoist you up by your stomach with a cord and then they drop you and you free fall for a bit then swing back and forth.. that scared the :bleep: outta me.. I cant even imagine being that high up :barf:

Seriously, that's scaring the :bleep: out of me too!!! :no:

I've never done that before, but I can tell you, it's nothing like paragliding whatsoever.... When you're in the air, you go down to the ground so slowly, what you just described, free fall and swinging back and forth? I would never, ever try that :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom