Io: Pain!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ooh i forgot to ask:

1. were any teeth impacted?
2. did they knock you out or just numb you?
3. was your dentist hot?
4. did he dance a jig first for luck?
5. what was your last meal?

2 teeth were impacted and 1 was a "tricky" incision :yikes: My dentist is not hot and they knocked me out for nearly an hour.

I didn't see him dancing any jigs before i passed out.

My last meal was a seafood platter at red lobster.

And i would never have it done again.

ooh yeah i feel your pain. i had three impacted teeth, one of them was really bad. i got knocked out too, that was a trip. i felt more out of it the next day than i did when i first woke up after the surgery.

how did you feel when you woke up this morning? red lobster :drool:

ooooh thats nasty! im lucky enough to not have any of my teeth out (touch wood)! ive had no fillings either and there straight:wink:

my gums hurt now and again though eeek!

ive not had my wisdom teeth coming through yet, im scared there ment to be well painful! i dont see the point in them either!

anyways get better soon matey!

I had four impacted teeth out in high school. I looked like a chipmunk for 2 weeks. Ice is your friend right now in terms of swelling!

I feel so bad for you - ouch.

I got a tooth out jsut over a year ago and I had been really nervous. When the dentist took it out I didn't feel it and was so happy at getting rid of it I jumped off the seat before I was finished. :laugh: I was actually considering getting 3 more teeth out as there is less room in my mouth now as all of my wisdom teeth, except 1, have come through and they are quite crushed. I just hope I never have any impacted teeth. :huh:

:hug:

Feel better soon :hug:

This makes me a little worried about mine...I'm 18 and I still don't know if I need to take them out.....gah....:huh:

i had mine taken out when i was 18 too :huh:

mucca, if you've got your wisdom teeth in, i'd get them out now before they bother you later down the road. better to take them out now and get it over with :up:

Ouch! I had all four of my wisdom teeth cut out of the bone two weeks before my sixteenth birthday. That was traumatic, even with Demerol! My sympathies are with you!:hug: :hug:

KhanadaRhodes said:
i had mine taken out when i was 18 too :huh:

mucca, if you've got your wisdom teeth in, i'd get them out now before they bother you later down the road. better to take them out now and get it over with :up:

My orthodontist once said that my jaw was small so they won't grow at all....so maybe I'll be lucky enough that I won't have to take them out :scratch:
*crosses fingers*

Gah...I really don't want to after seeing my friends with their swollen mouths (looked like they had candy in their mouth all the time :lol:) :huh:

Mucca said:
My orthodontist once said that my jaw was small so they won't grow at all....so maybe I'll be lucky enough that I won't have to take them out
or it could mean they're twice as likely to be impacted since there's even less room for them to come in than the average person. :yikes:

one of my teeth was coming in diagonally. i remember the gum around that tooth was so swollen. when i saw the x-rays i finally knew why.

i'd go to my oral surgeon anytime... :drool:

:yikes:
Yes I think it's time to take a visit to my dentist :eeklaugh:

:huh:
I hate anything that has to do with sticking things into my mouth....had enough of that when I had my braces done :tongue:
They really gave me the works....head gear and all gah.....

Mucca said:
I hate anything that has to do with sticking things into my mouth
:giggle:

that sucks that you had braces. i'm lucky, my teeth are really straight - to the point where people ask me if i've had braces. luckily for my parents' bank balance, i never had them. :D

yes rockin edge - follow the doctor's instructions to the letter. rinse with salt water (or if he gave you a special rinse) as often as they say. i rinsed with salt water twice a day (i think i had a medicated mouthwash too) and avoided straws for the first couple days and i didn't have any dry sockets! i know from secondhand experience that they are rather painful and annoying.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:giggle:

that sucks that you had braces. i'm lucky, my teeth are really straight - to the point where people ask me if i've had braces. luckily for my parents' bank balance, i never had them. :D

:tongue:

I still have a metal wire behind my bottom teeth:madspit:
It's brutal when it comes to flossing.....

Ah well at least I didn't have many cavaties :D

In 2001 I had an infected root canal. It was hell, I had fever of 103 and the most f:censored:g awful pain. It was not a pleasant experience, to put it mildly.

fah said:
I had mine out 3 years ago. No real pain problems but I lived on chicken broth for a week.

Remember to rinse, rinse, rinse :yes:

I had all 4 out when I was 19 and it was nowhere near as bad as I expected painwise (of course they knocked me out and I started the pain pills as soon as I could).

The worst part was later that night at home, I guess I was sort of nauseous from the anesthetic, and I had dry heaves for a little bit. That pulled on the stiches - that hurt :yikes: And the bleeding afterwards freaked me out a bit. I didn't realize that getting stiches in your mouth isn't like getting stiches on your skin :reject:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom