IO: Once I meet a girl with a U2 shirt on. . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
im totally going for it. especially if its a shirt from like the 80s. why haven't i met any real U2 fans, like Blue Crack material people? Has anyone else here actually randomly met a u2 fan as big as themselves?

discothequeLP said:
im totally going for it. especially if its a shirt from like the 80s. why haven't i met any real U2 fans, like Blue Crack material people? Has anyone else here actually randomly met a u2 fan as big as themselves?

I can imagine you are going to be quite busy at the LA shows on the next tour, then :wink:

Not randomly, but my best friend in middle school told me about a friend of hers she went to school with (we went to different schools, the best friend and I), but she said that we "probably wouldn't get along". The reason she said this was we were all going to go to the same high school in the fall, and wanted to "warn me" beforehand.

Fast forward to the first day of high school (which, strangely enough, was also the first time I saw U2 live, during ZOO TV), I am walking through the crowd of freshmen, when I see a girl with red hair and a Achtung Baby t-shirt on. I walk up to her, ask, "Are you Briget?", she says yes, and to this day she's the friend of mine that I've known the longest. :D

My uncle is quite a big u2 fan but he prefers the clash/ punk music more.

I do see a lot of guys at my uni wearing u2 t-shirts. I've never randommly met another girl who is a u2 fan here.

randomly meet... isn't that the only way we meet anyone? :hmm:

anyway, my high school sweetie was a complete u2 fanatic, just like myself. one of my good friends moved a couple of hours away in high school and one of the new people she befriended was a boy who loved u2. she thought it was funny that we were both obsessed with the band, and when we met, the rest was history. we're not together now, but we had a great relationship.

:up:

i met my last boyfriend when he came into the shop i worked in with a popmart hat on. i said "where'd you get your hat?" and he said "the concert, duh" and then smiled his wonderful smile.

we were together six years and we are still very close.

When I worked in a campus computer lab, there was a guy I thought was a student in there wearing a U2 t-shirt. I went up to him and was yammering on and on about U2, and we swapped email addresses, and I told him about Interference. Turns out he wasn't a student...he was one of the instructors.

I wonder if he ever came here. :hmm:

One of the great things about the tour is that you will meet ALOT of fans that like them as much as you. Its great because you know you at least have that one thing in common.

I met one of my friends Marie at a record show back in 1991. She was going through the U2 vinyl bootlegs from a bootleg dealer. She picked one out and I said, no, get this one its the same show and its better quality. We talked about the upcoming tour (Zoo) and decided to pool resources for tickets. We exchanged phone numbers (no email then obviously) and have been friends since. I have been to MANY shows with her. Although we only tend to really see each other when U2 are on tour. No hook up though :lol: Marie was married when we met and is still married. In fact her husband hauled us out to the Ames Iowa show in 1992 using his bosses van. So he is very cool with her hobby and a real nice guy as well. :)

Last edited:
There is guy in a lab on the floor above me who has a tour shirt. Next time he wears it and I witness it, there shall be words exchanged. :wink:

I might have randomly seen people from here on shops around T.O (once at a shop people were talking about the IntoTheHeart thing) or down at the campus, and never knew they post here. But other than that, people around my area of town, don't usually listen to what I would call music so that would be a definite no.

and anitram, I've been in and out of the labs in your hospital a million times, next time I might just wear my t-shirt!!!

I was visiting a friend at collage (NAU) and saw a guy going into the building i was by and had an elevation tour t-shirt on and i wanted so badly to talk to him but i coudlnt catch him, im so upset, he looked like a pretty cool guy. plus, anytime i see a guy with a U2 shirt on...the light switch flips on :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom