IO: My parents aren't letting me see U2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youtooellen

New Yorker
Not because of the price I'd be paying to see them.
Not because the one chance of seeing them is on a school day.

but because I'm going alone.

The show I'm referring to is the Chicago one, September 20th.
They refuse to let me see U2 alone. They think I'll be kidnapped or something. They don't seem to find it 'safe'.
And my brother is the one who's making me take a friend, or else he'll inform my parents that I'll be going alone without their permission.
And the only friend I know who'd be somewhat willing to come with me, would either refuse to pay the price, or my mom wouldn't allow me to go with her because she doesn't like that girl.

I'm pretty damn pissed off because this was the only thing I was looking forward to all year, and now I can't go because I'm going alone. :mad:

any advice on how to persuade them?
if you're a parent, I'd love to hear your thoughts because I really want to know why my parents wouldn't be letting me go.

just thinking about not being able to see them until I'm in college is making me sad... :sad:

ask your dad to come with you:wink:

edit: im only 14 and none of my friends like U2 so i went with my dad and it was fine

Invite one of the parents along! or better yet, have them choose one of your friends to join you, in other words, give them a choice in being part of this experience...you don't have to like who you're with, you're gonna see U2..that's what counts.

Good luck....from someone probably older than dear old Dad....

my dad and I don't get along too well. :huh:

and thanks Mr. BAW,
I'll take that into consideration :)

:hmm: sounds like a confession to me, but that's just me

brains%20shaky.gif

00Kevin said:
I'll go with you:wink:

:ohmy:

I'll take that into consideration too. :wink:

and the rockin edge, I'm 16. that's old enough to see U2 alone right...? :D

if this thread is in the wrong area (sorry if it is), then mods, feel free to move it :)

haha yeah...

but if i were to go alone WITH a guy..
that'd be a different story, where my life would become a tragic story.. :ohmy:
perhaps I should tell my parents that just to see their reaction? :wink:

youtooellen said:
haha yeah...

but if i were to go alone WITH a guy..
that'd be a different story, where my life would become a tragic story.. :ohmy:
perhaps I should tell my parents that just to see their reaction? :wink:

I'd take ya but I won't be around then though:wink:

and I'm a respectable guy :D

:shifty:

:wink:

I will be almost 16 when I go see them this fall....but I'm going with some people who are all 21+....i know for sure my mom wouldnt've let me go alone

:ohmy:

btw unodostres14, I took what you said into consideration.

and it think it might actually work out :)
thanks alot

but rather than asking a parent.
I got this VERY interesting idea of asking someone else..

my brother..

:|
I hope he agrees. I'm thinking of asking him tomorrow.......

I became a U2 fan when I was 13, and my first chance to see them on tour (Pop Mart) was when I was 15. Both of my parents took me, and we had so much fun. :drool: Plus, when Dad is with you, he will either a) hold your merchadise for you during the entire show...or...b) run it all the way back out to the car for you. :cute: :heart:

That's the perfect choice; I believe you're on your way to see U2.
:hyper:

:hyper: my brother said yes!!

... but he's making me pay for his ticket too :madspit:

thanks for all the advice and support you guys :) :D

That's great your brother said yes. :hyper: Too bad about the ticket though. Luckily mine were a birthday present. A very early one since my birthday is in March and my concert isn't until December. :lol:

I'm 17, and my mother wants me going with my older brother. I wanted to take my friend, but I can understand why she wants someone watching me since I have GA's.

Good for you, you get to go!!!!

I took my younger brother to the Brussels gig, but for a totally different reason; I'm brainwashing him into a U2-nut, and the gig fitted perfectly into this nifty plan of mine.

Brothers are cool :up:

the soul waits said:
Good for you, you get to go!!!!

I took my younger brother to the Brussels gig, but for a totally different reason; I'm brainwashing him into a U2-nut, and the gig fitted perfectly into this nifty plan of mine.

Brothers are cool :up:

I'm trying to brainwash my older brother by December, but it's not working. :( But, he does like Bullet! :up:

daygloeyes2 said:

I'm trying to brainwash my older brother by December, but it's not working. :( But, he does like Bullet! :up:

What kind of music is he into?

My brother is a guitar-player so I can use the "it's EDUCATION"-excuse for flooding his Gmail account with daily musthear-songs and lyrics. I even send him pix of Edge and quotes of Bono & Edge. :lol:

Just keep at it, I put a disclaimer in my emails and then email awaaaay, hehe.

He did love the gig though, he said he's learned a lot and kept staring at Edges big screen, he was mucho impressed with all the delay pedals and stuff.

I asked him what he specifically learned and the first thing he said was "well, they have made quite a lot of mistakes and they just stay cool and keep on playing untill the song flows again - note to self : act as if nothing's wrong :shifty:"
He said that they didn't even make eye-contact when there was a mistake, only Bono did that - of courseI was too busy rocking my socks off to notice all that.

:)

Back
Top Bottom