IO : My iPod is full

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My 20GB is getting full. :sad: I'm gonna have to start voting songs off the iPod eventually.

I have a 20 GB iPod. I have 42.13 GB of music in iTunes.

Well, the good news is that you can't listen to it all at once anyway.

Melon

yeah i think i have around 2025 songs on my iPod, though i need to go in and clean a bit up, i have some old U2 stuff left over that was duplicated when i bought the complete U2...hmm well its a 30 GB photo, so i still have a long way, but still

nightninja56 said:
yeah i think i have around 2025 songs on my iPod, though i need to go in and clean a bit up, i have some old U2 stuff left over that was duplicated when i bought the complete U2...hmm well its a 30 GB photo, so i still have a long way, but still
omg. :crack:

it's a brain-feast. :drool:

i'm actually quite picky about what i put on to my ipod (i don't know why) so i've still got quite a ways to go.

actually, there are no pain receptors in the brain. some types of brain surgery require the patient to be conscious, using local anaesthetic of course, so that the surgeon can make sure the operation does not affect conscious functions like movement, speech or feeling. the surgeon can ask the patient questions or to perform a task - like to wiggle his or her toe, or to read a word off a card - and then decide how to proceed.

:nerd:

all that having been said, eating brains doesn't hurt, so feast away!

lmjhitman said:
actually, there are no pain receptors in the brain. some types of brain surgery require the patient to be conscious, using local anaesthetic of course, so that the surgeon can make sure the operation does not affect conscious functions like movement, speech or feeling. the surgeon can ask the patient questions or to perform a task - like to wiggle his or her toe, or to read a word off a card - and then decide how to proceed.

Nice, just a bit of cannibalism going on here :wink:

lmjhitman said:

I learned all about that, thanks to Hannibal Lecter. :reject:

My 20 GB says it has (some number I can't remember) GB used out of 18.97GB.
Why is it called a 20GB iPod if it only has 18.97GB!! Don't they know how many songs I could fit into that extra 1.03 GB!!! :mad:

Meghan said:
Why is it called a 20GB iPod if it only has 18.97GB!! Don't they know how many songs I could fit into that extra 1.03 GB!!! :mad:

well it starts off being a 20GB hard drive, then you format it, and it losses that few GB (I dont know why, I'll explain it in 4 months after my computer course :)

Just like a computer hard drive....

Meghan said:

I think the 1.03GB is used by the Ipod. It needs the space to run the ipod's software (menu, clock, games, etc)

:nerd: :reject:

Bonochick said:
My 20GB is getting full. :sad: I'm gonna have to start voting songs off the iPod eventually.

mine too, i might have to start doing that.

or maybe......

starsgoblue said:
I can't wait until mine is full. :hyper: Then I'll be justified getting another one.

:yes:

Meghan said:

It's because there's a disconnect with how computers define a megabyte and how marketers define a megabyte.

20 GB in the computing world equals 21,474,836,480 bytes.

20 GB in the marketing world equals 20,000,000,000 bytes.

What you get with your iPod is the marketing definition. However, since computers go by the first definition, it says you have 18.97 GB.

Melon

melon said:

It's because there's a disconnect with how computers define a megabyte and how marketers define a megabyte.

20 GB in the computing world equals 21,474,836,480 bytes.

20 GB in the marketing world equals 20,000,000,000 bytes.

What you get with your iPod is the marketing definition. However, since computers go by the first definition, it says you have 18.97 GB.

Melon
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I guess that makes sense then. :reject: *doesn't really understand computers very well*

Back
Top Bottom