IO - My ipod froze

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Numb1075

ONE love, blood, life
HELP !!! My ipod froze. It won't do anything. I can't even shut it off. It just sits there and stares at me, nothing at all works.

I do have a warentee until August, so the Apple store should be able to fix it. But before I make my way to the Apple store, does anyone know some quick fixes? Been in this boat? Any help is appreciated.

It's a real pain in the ass because I just finished putting San Diego I on it and it died in the middle of One.

I have never had that happen to me, but here is some advice from the Apple website

Most problems with iPod can be solved quickly
by following the advice in this chapter.
Resetting iPod
Most problems with iPod can be solved by resetting it.
To reset iPod:
1 Connect iPod to a power outlet using the iPod Power Adapter.
2 Toggle the Hold switch on and off (set it to Hold, then turn it off again).
3 Press and hold the Select and Menu buttons for at least 6 seconds, until the
Apple logo appears.
If Your iPod Won’t Turn On or Respond
• Make sure the Hold switch is off.
• If you’re using the iPod Remote, make sure the remote’s Hold switch is off.
• If that doesn’t work, connect iPod to the iPod Power Adapter and connect the
adapter to a working electrical outlet. Your iPod battery may need to be recharged.
• If that doesn’t work, your iPod may need to be reset (see above).
• If that doesn’t work, you may need to restore iPod software.

They freeze all the time. Push the middle button on the click wheel models, making sure your "lock" button on the top is turned off. Once you push the middle button, you should see the "Apple" logo.

Or is it just mine that freezes all the time?

Actually, let me clarify. It freezes if I have it turned off for a few days, and it doesn't want to "wake up" using normal means. I've never had it freeze during a song. If that happens, you should probably take it back?

Melon

Last edited:
Unfortunately, if I hold the middle of the click wheel, nothing happens at all; it just remains "on" and "paused".

Jessica Ann, thanks for the little write up there. I'll give it a shot.

I just put the new Beck on there as well.:mad:

This is one of the reasons why I'll not be purchasing an i-pod

Sony :love:

I've had this happen to mine. I don't know how great it is for the iPod, but it worked for me and didn't seem to hurt anything.

Let the battery die, recharge it and if it's retarded in the same way mine is, it should be fine after that.

heh....here's how you fix it....you throw it in the garbage and go online and buy a creative mp3 player with the same amount of gigs and WAAAAY cheaper....

Mine froze about 3 times during the first week I got it. Just press I believe the menu and the fast foward button at the same time for approximately 6 seconds and you'll see the apple screen.

I was freaked when that happened at first to me because one I was taking a in-class midterm and two because it was on for 3 hours! :mad:

Congratulations beegee :happy: We bought our Mom one of those shuffles. Haven't been able to tear her away from it since LOL. As for the topic on hand? Mine has never frozen on me. Maybe it's because I am constantly using it just about everyday?

My ipod has been fixed. You can all rest easy now:dancing:

I have the ipod speakers as well and when i put the ipod onto the speakers, for whatever reason, it unfroze. Very weird.

Anyway, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers:wink:

my ipod has frozen 3 times now, but i can never get too mad at it cos i just love it too much.... :love:

All you have to do is hold down Select and Menu simultaneously for a few seconds. That's simple enough. It's nothing to get your unmentionables in a wad over.

:heart: iPod :heart:

melon said:
They freeze all the time. Push the middle button on the click wheel models, making sure your "lock" button on the top is turned off. Once you push the middle button, you should see the "Apple" logo.

Melon

What you just wrote is key. The only time my iPod "froze" was when I accidentally hit the "hold" switch. Based on what the person wrote, that's exactly what appears to have happened here - and it's easily remedied by just sliding that switch off.

Bonochick said:
All you have to do is hold down Select and Menu simultaneously for a few seconds. That's simple enough. It's nothing to get your unmentionables in a wad over.

:heart: iPod :heart:

I wonder who the brilliant person was who taught you that. ;) :hug:

Back
Top Bottom