IO: my hair ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irvine511

Blue Crack Supplier
... looks fucking awesome today. if i had a digi, i'd take a picture and show everyone. but i don't, so i'll just have to describe it to you. it's spikey, a bit, and chunky and asymmetrical, but not in an obnoxious way that says, "i was trying really hard to look artsy and i really wish i lived in willimsburg, brooklyn, and you'd think that i'm so poor and authentic that i can't even afford real haircuts so i cut my hair all by myself in my apartment one rainy friday night by candlelight with my grandmother's old scissors as i drank cheap read wine and listened to Edith Piaf, though the reality is i spent $75 to have it cut by the guy who i heard cuts Alexa Joel's hair, and she's the daughter of a celebrity, and i even heard that Kyan of Queer Eye used to work in that particular salon. if i thought further, i think i'd be overwhelmed by the irony of spending more to look like you spent less ... "

it's also light, but textured, but not heavy or clumpy. much of it has to do with the weather (gorgeous, no humidity), the fact that it's friday, i've learned how to muss it up precisely right -- once the hair is very nearly dry, you emulsify the product in your hands and then, with alternating strokes, push the product

bnb-st-0715.jpg

through your hair from side to side, pushing it all into a bit of a faux-hawk,

mohawk.jpg

but far, far, far more subtle than that, then stop, assess the situation, make sure the front is up and standing but not up so much that it looks like an LCD screen like all the straight guys do.

then, the key is restraint. it will dry, and dry in a more natural fashion than if you try to shape it into precisely what you have in mind. you'll end up with a helmet, not a hairstyle. let nature take its course, and remember that your hairstyle is supposed to evolve and shift and change and age and ripen and mature through the day -- like a fine wine. your hair should look much diffrently at 8pm than it did at 8am.

and if you're lucky, and the date goes well, your hair will be completely messed up by 12am that night. then, after the post-coital shower, you get to start all over again.

Irvine511 said:
... looks fucking awesome today. if i had a digi, i'd take a picture and show everyone. but i don't, so i'll just have to describe it to you. it's spikey, a bit, and chunky and asymmetrical, but not in an obnoxious way that says, "i was trying really hard to look artsy and i really wish i lived in willimsburg, brooklyn, and you'd think that i'm so poor and authentic that i can't even afford real haircuts so i cut my hair all by myself in my apartment one rainy friday night by candlelight with my grandmother's old scissors as i drank cheap read wine and listened to Edith Piaf, though the reality is i spent $75 to have it cut by the guy who i heard cuts Alexa Joel's hair, and she's the daughter of a celebrity, and i even heard that Kyan of Queer Eye used to work in that particular salon. if i thought further, i think i'd be overwhelmed by the irony of spending more to look like you spent less ... "

it's also light, but textured, but not heavy or clumpy. much of it has to do with the weather (gorgeous, no humidity), the fact that it's friday, i've learned how to muss it up precisely right -- once the hair is very nearly dry, you emulsify the product in your hands and then, with alternating strokes, push the product

bnb-st-0715.jpg

through your hair from side to side, pushing it all into a bit of a faux-hawk,

mohawk.jpg

but far, far, far more subtle than that, then stop, assess the situation, make sure the front is up and standing but not up so much that it looks like an LCD screen like all the straight guys do.

then, the key is restraint. it will dry, and dry in a more natural fashion than if you try to shape it into precisely what you have in mind. you'll end up with a helmet, not a hairstyle. let nature take its course, and remember that your hairstyle is supposed to evolve and shift and change and age and ripen and mature through the day -- like a fine wine. your hair should look much diffrently at 8pm than it did at 8am.

and if you're lucky, and the date goes well, your hair will be completely messed up by 12am that night. then, after the post-coital shower, you get to start all over again.

That was beautiful. :happy:

Irvine511 said:
.. "i was trying really hard to look artsy and i really wish i lived in willimsburg, brooklyn, and you'd think that i'm so poor and authentic that i can't even afford real haircuts so i cut my hair all by myself in my apartment one rainy friday night by candlelight with my grandmother's old scissors as i drank cheap read wine and listened to Edith Piaf, though the reality is i spent $75 to have it cut by the guy who i heard cuts Alexa Joel's hair, and she's the daughter of a celebrity, and i even heard that Kyan of Queer Eye used to work in that particular salon"

nice :lol:

I got my hair cut too today:hyper:

if anyone cares:sad:

I can't elaborate as well as Irvine but let's just say it was shorter than it was an hour ago

Irvine, I'm sure you look:combust:

Irvine511 said:
...and i really wish i lived in willimsburg, brooklyn...
This made me laugh out loud because I had friends in Williamsburg when we lived in NYC (Borough Park), and coming from an Orthodox background, what the "Williamsburg look" means to me is the black hat and sideburns. Frumkeit yes, fabkeit nyet. So, right now I'm picturing your previous avatar with that funky shtetl-mensch look. Hmmm....

I'm currently on a medication which has made most of my hair fall out, so I've resorted to headgear to cover it up. I think I'm going to take a cue from you and start telling people I'm going for that evocative Ba'al Shem Tov look.

As we used to joke back in Mississippi, "Next year in Brooklyn!"

randhail said:
Oh I remember the good old days when I could do something with my hair.

Stupid genetics! :madwife:

Awww... don't feel bad. :hug:

I have this curly disaster on my head. I learned many decades ago that gels, sprays and conditioners are needed - daily. Leave-in conditioners used to prevent mega-frizz. Sprays are used to prevent me looking like Don King due to a sudden wind gust.

donking.jpg

I know, scary ain't it?! :crazy: :uhoh: :no:

:lmao:

Your post made me laugh Irvine. Congrats on the hair!! :applaud:

I watched "Alfie" last night and actually thought of you. And man oh man, Jude Law in that movie.......HOTNESS x100000000000000000000000 :drool:

Re: Re: IO: my hair ...

yolland said:

This made me laugh out loud because I had friends in Williamsburg when we lived in NYC (Borough Park), and coming from an Orthodox background, what the "Williamsburg look" means to me is the black hat and sideburns. Frumkeit yes, fabkeit nyet. So, right now I'm picturing your previous avatar with that funky shtetl-mensch look. Hmmm....

I'm currently on a medication which has made most of my hair fall out, so I've resorted to headgear to cover it up. I think I'm going to take a cue from you and start telling people I'm going for that evocative Ba'al Shem Tov look.

As we used to joke back in Mississippi, "Next year in Brooklyn!"

have you been to williamsburg recently? it must be the most aggressively hip neighborhood in the united states.

interestingly, i have roots in williamsburg as well. when my great-grandmother immigrated from Ireland in the early 20th century, she settled in williamsburg and worked as a laundress.

if your hair is falling out, i say embrace it and just shave the whole thing. the bald look is sleek and sexy

no comb-overs!

:shame:

Jude Law looked really incredible in "Alfie"! Great job with your hair! :applaud: I actually get told all of the time that I have pretty hair :). Nothing like having a good hair day and being proud of it! lol.

i have fabulous bedhair today. it is entirely without the much spent on cost look, much without the effortlessness afforded to some, and overall, looks rather fucking horrible!
:happy:

my roots need doing. i shall um...thankfully root means not the same in yankville as it does here, but i'm going to do my roots er...later today.

:shifty:

my hair sucks:angry:
it's too curly, too everywhere, too big
i feel like sideshow bob half the time

& i have to put up with the constant
"how long does it take you to curl your hair?"
questions

for bloody sakes, who in their right mind would want to curl their hair???:angry:

ok, rant over

Back
Top Bottom