IO: m/16/USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd probably hang out with you guys more than most of my local friends. :up:

I take after my father in the use of TV and movie lines in everyday life. Unfortunately, my friends don't usually get them.

My mom's the one who does that. I'm about 50/50 when it comes to "Friend Movie/TV Quote" dropping.

Things got a lot better when I introduced them to The Office, though. :up:

My one friend likes it, but rarely has time to watch it.

My other friend (who has some of the worst tastes in comedy) doesn't get it. I think he said something like "They say something and then sit there for a couple of minutes waiting for it to soak in."

He hated Ferris Bueller too, so fuck his opinion.

Some people need laugh tracks to understand comedy, so good for them. :down:

Really, they don't use laugh tracks in movies, why do they have to be used in television? The best comedies on today don't use them (except maybe How I Met Your Mother).

He's one of those guys who loves Dane Cook and Adam Sandler and doesn't know who Ricky Gervais is.

phillyfan26 said:
He's one of those guys who loves Dane Cook and Adam Sandler and doesn't know who Ricky Gervais is.

Dane Cook can burn in "Overrated Comedian Hell," which is probably on the 5th or 6th level, not sure.

Sandler hasn't been funny since The Waterboy. He's played the sarcastic, straight guy surrounded by "quirky characters" ever since.

I've been showing some of my friends Gervais stand-up videos, they get mixed results.

If I were to create the perfect egg-crushing device, it would be a hoof!

LemonMacPhisto said:
My mom's the one who does that. I'm about 50/50 when it comes to "Friend Movie/TV Quote" dropping.

Things got a lot better when I introduced them to The Office, though. :up:

i responded to your movie reference in the vegetarian thread and got nothin. :grumpy:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Some people need laugh tracks to understand comedy, so good for them. :down:

Really, they don't use laugh tracks in movies, why do they have to be used in television? The best comedies on today don't use them (except maybe How I Met Your Mother).

Seinfeld used it. :drool: That alone proves that laugh tracks can coexist with comedy that doesn't suck.

LemonMelon said:

Seinfeld used it. :drool: That alone proves that laugh tracks can coexist with comedy that doesn't suck.

True, but almost every classic sitcom has had one. I just think the times have changed enough that they aren't necessary anymore in modern sitcoms.

The comedy slant of The Office, 30 Rock, Earl, Malcolm in the Middle, Scrubs, etc... don't require laugh tracks to be "better," you know?

LemonMacPhisto said:

True, but almost every classic sitcom has had one. I just think the times have changed enough that they aren't necessary anymore in modern sitcoms.

The comedy slant of The Office, 30 Rock, Earl, Malcolm in the Middle, Scrubs, etc... don't require laugh tracks to be "better," you know?

Oh yeah, they definitely don't need them, but I'm not quite sold that they kill the shows either. :slant:

I still stick by my claim that the only real way to watch good comedy these days is to skip by the cartoons and focus on the sitcoms; there are several very good ones around.

I think he was just commenting on the viewers, like my buddy who doesn't "get" The Office.

love_u2_adam said:
^^*lemonmelon*omg i just feel more in love with you
its prince in ur av!!!!!
oh god:combust::faint:

Dig if u will the picture
Of u and I engaged in a kiss
The sweat of your body covers me
Can u my darling
Can u picture this?

:sexywink:

(the pic is actually from the 1999 single cover :reject: )

phillyfan26 said:
I think he was just commenting on the viewers, like my buddy who doesn't "get" The Office.

:shrug: I dunno. Laugh tracks have their purpose I guess. It's just that I've never actually heard someone praise the laugh track, just insult it. Perhaps its effects on the viewer are subliminal. :hmm:

All I know is that the funniest show of all time, the Simpsons, didn't have a laugh track.

Yes, Purple Rain-era Prince! He always traveled with freshly sprayed Awesome Fog around him.

I prefer Meg'sLegs

Aww, LMP, don't be rude. :wink:

Meg'sLegs will make a reappearance. I guarantee it. I'm just trying to dream it all up again. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom