IO: Kidney Stone#3 Since October Is Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
I am here to whine.....

It appears that the Neurologist who put me on daily blocking medicine for migrain headaches was not aware that the medicine he put me on causes kidney stones. Now this is normally a problem in 2 out of 100 people unless you have had a stone in the past....ala me. This is a fact that I made him aware of ages ago...but that is besides the point, he should have removed me from the medicine in December when he found out that I had surgery for a kidney stone and they had found kidney stone #2. I am sure he would have, however, when I called and spoke to him today he actually admitted to me on the phone that he had never heard of anyone getting a kidney stone from this medicine before.

The Urologist, has been unable to explain why I keep getting stones, and why I am in pain in my back and sides. I insisted for the last three weeks something is wrong, finally he sent me for a CAT SCAN today and sure enough, they discovered stone #3. He informed me that there was NO reason for me to be getting stones. He clearly did not read my chart where I listed all of my medicines....because the second I said the name of the medicine he says....that causes Kidney Stones. If he had read the chart back in oh say October when I first met him, and he had me taken of the medicine, maybe I would not have kidney stones.

Two freaking Dr.'s that have let me down.

So, here I am.....:mad: and in pain again....This stone had better not get stuck, because if I have to have surgery again and have my plumbing probed I am hiring a lawyer. It was too painful the first time around.

you should really give them proper names instead of referring to them as kidney stone #1 #2 #3

(thread titles on the other hand ...)

good luck :up:

Salome said:
you should really give them proper names instead of referring to them as kidney stone #1 #2 #3

I suggest the names: Joseph, Q-Bert and Stanley.

Seriously though ... I hope you're able to resolve this soon and you're back to you stone-free self very soon.

:yikes: hope you feel better soon :hug:

i'd look at getting a different doctor, that's just insane :no:

i suggest larry, mo and curly for the names :wink:

or you could call one larry, and one darryl and the other one darryl :laugh:

martha said:
Name the stones after the quacks who fucked you up.

On a lighter note, the phrase "have my plumbing probed" is damn funny.

Good luck with all this sweetie. :huh:

Hey Martha!

In case you missed it....I took a poll to see which candidate I was most aligned with.......

All of the democrats beat Bush..... I am attributing it to the Drugs I am taking for the pain!:wink:

That sucks Dread. I like Martha's idea, name the stones after the :censored: :censored: :censored: jerks that messed up and let this stuff happened. That's really inexcusable. This should not be happening. Yes, indeed, talk to a lawyer, and I say this as a former hospital worker. Those idiots f:censored:d up big time and shouldn't get away with this. :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
Are you trying to explain FYM?

Dread, prayers for your relief from pain (upstairs and down) and for wisdom and communication for your doctors.

nbcrusader said:
Are you trying to explain FYM?

Dread, prayers for your relief from pain (upstairs and down) and for wisdom and communication for your doctors.

have I been leaning to the left lately?

LOL?

Thanks....for the prayers....all of ya:wave:

Well this explains it. I was wondering why you had so many stones before. At least there is a removable cause for it all.

Good luck Dread.
:)

Back
Top Bottom