IO# Jury Duty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never been called to jury duty, either. Mr. Blu, on the other, hand has been called twice. :shrug:

At least it's not Federal Court JD.... from what I understand, if you get picked for that you have to serve for a year! :ohmy: By the way, can anyone confirm or refute that???

I have been called a number of times in my past and have been excused each time. Then I pleaded hardship when I was a single mom on a limited income and again was excused. I wouldnt' mind going now but my company doesn't pay for jury duty and I can't afford no pay.

Courts used to draw from DMV and now it's both DMV and Voter Registration. They'll eventually get all of us :yikes:

Just say you dont know what they're talking about.

*you're excused*

I have usually been excused because I'm self-employed and there's no one to do the work if I'm not here, and I can't afford to go out of business. But for some reason I didn't get excused last year, and had to go on a Friday during the holiday season. Could the timing have been any worse :mad: I basically sat there and tried to sleep. Best of luck LMPA. Feel free to text message, LOL. And bring some reading material...

don't forget to take your fingernail clippers out of your purse.

they friggin took mine last time. :angry: :mad: :rant:

Lila64 said:
I have usually been excused because I'm self-employed and there's no one to do the work if I'm not here, and I can't afford to go out of business.

that usually doesn't work here. i know when i got chosen for a month long trial one time there were several ppl on the jury who were self employed. luckily the trial got settled out of court after two weeks, but still... :tsk:

If i were an defense attorney using up my premptory challenges, I would strike an angry female juror. Just an hint~!

Lucky you! :up:

And I have no other source of income, so I can't afford to lose my business or home if I had to be put onto a trial :mad: :huh: I'll use the Shannon excuse next time :wink:

one lady told me once that she always fills out the back of the form that has the place where you can request a postponment. she said they hardly ever call her back. i don't know how well that works though.

I always say I'm a single mom with 2 kids and cant afford to miss even a day of work :shifty:

Hubby requested a postponement and got it. Though he did have to go on 10/4, the same day I was left trying to hold down the fort, take care of Maddy (my daughter-see pic) who had some sort of stomach virus, and a cat who had just had a cyst removed. Fun times I tell you :mad:

I got summoned when I was like 19, still in school full time. I told them I'd been sick all semester (not a lie) and already missed enough class the profs had grounds for docking my grades. They let me off the hook....for 2 months. I decided to just do it since it was the summer.

Let me tell you, jury selection was one of the most eye-opening experiences. You would NOT believe the types of things people will admit to!

After hours and hours, I finally got picked, even though I said my uncle Captain van't Hof runs the jail (true).

I showed up the day of the trial, spet hours in prep, and as the judge was showing us in, the guy freaked and plead out. I still got paid though :D

Back
Top Bottom